Wednesday, February 25, 2009
We're in the ER
Owen woke up at 11pm puking, puking and more puking. Followed by shaking and crazy crabby. I called cardiology to "let them know" and they said go to PCH because it could be "heart failure". We jumped in the car at midnight and Owen had a massive icky, watery movement. I stopped at a gas station to change him, get some caffine and off to the ER. I walked right into a room bypassing all of the nasty, germy, symphony of coughing children. They said he looks pretty dry and so we're waiting on the IV team to come TRY to find a vein. He has none left after all of his recent IV's and he's dehydrated so that makes it even harder. Wish us luck! Anyway.. they plan to give him IV fluids for a while and then we'll do more labs to check his electrolytes. They are planning on dripping a lot of fluid into him and so I asked the ER doc (that looks like a 12 yr old by the way) how they know if they are giving him too much fluid. He said his lungs will become wet and he'll desat... FABULOUS! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Praying for Owen (and for no puking and no desatting)!
Love y'all~ Rebecca
Oh no! Owen was on my mind this morning and I prayed for an uneventful night. Praying that it's not heart failure and just a virus of some sort. Hope today goes well and he is improving! Keeping you and Owen in my prayers!!
OH, Poor Baby Owen! Thinking of you and praying that this is just a quick bug!!
Love to you all!
Hang in there,
Kerri
Poor Owen :( And poor mom!
I hope they were able to get a vein and get him feeling better. We're thinking about you.
Oh, I'm so sorry you are back in the hospital! Here's to hoping you can get home soon.
Post a Comment