After I had a meltdown -- yes, tears were shed -- things have been much better around here. I vented to my nurses and explained what I expected of them (which isn't much). Carson came to hang out with Owen so I could go shower in the smallest shower I have ever seen... but it was hot and it felt good!! The nurses have been accomodating and we're all happy. Our roomate was discharged so we are enjoying a little bit of privacy before we get a new one.
Our transplant coordinator was on call today so we had a good chat about Owen. I talked to her about our heart friend Gracie and what a miracle it is that her antibodies are so low. I mentioned that hers were zero and weak and asked "so what are Owen's?" Her reply was "they range from zero-100%... Owen's are in the 90's range. Well.. sorry I asked. :)
We're still working on Owen's first dose of Immunoglobulins... we still have another 18 hours to go. If my calculations are accurate... things so smoothly... we'll be outta here by Saturday around 3. Also... remember Owen's spooky eyes... THEY'RE BACK!!
Friday, February 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Oh, Andrea, I am so sorry to read about your past day and a half ... what a frustrating thing, not only to be in the hospital for yucky treatments but on top of that to have unnecessary WAITING and NO WHERE TO SLEEP. We will be praying that everything goes smoothly the rest of today and tomorrow and that you are back in your beds tomorrow night! Aaah, that will be so nice! I keep remembering some of the other babies I've seen who have gotten new hearts and how pink and healthy they are. This must be so hard right now, but it will be worth it.
Heart hugs to you, Carson, Kamryn and Mr. Owen!
Jesse
Sorry about the past day or so. Now that you've had a talk with the nurses maybe things will be a little better. You're always in our thoughts and prayers. Hang in there.
Poor owen. I'm sorry there's been so much drama. I hope the rest of the infusion time passes quickly for you guys. His poor little veins. Any chance of getting him a med port or something so he doesn't have to keep getting poked every time?
Send him hugs!
Praying for you guys. Oh how I know the frustrations of all those "little things" in hospital-land that just add up and build and build. I'm glad you were able to release some of it and hopefully you guys get the attention you deserve tonight and get some much-needed rest!
God Bless!
Hi Andrea, Regardless of what you are going thru, you always sound so optomistic. You deserve to have melt downs. Owen has certainly captured our hearts. It's his turn to get a major break. We'll keep praying for all of you. Siri
Post a Comment