We slept maybe 3 hours last night... blah. Between the nurses coming in every 4 hours, the poor little girl behind the curtain screaming "owie" because her new gtube is hurting, and Owen's machines beeping... I consider our 3 hours of rest a victory!

Owen ordered from the "big boy" menu today because he finally eats more and more. Bananas, Cheerios, and eggs...mmmm. Only a few bites of each and he says "Ah Dun".

He got a cheerio stuck in his throat and puked it all over his sheets. Two hours later, after notifying several nurses, I ended up scrounging up my own sheets and changing them myself. Call me grouchy from lack of sleep, but I don't think there is any excuse for 3 nurses and one PT to not be able to find a second to change sheets that a baby puked on! I have to constantly remind him when to feed their patient...my child (so I don't mind). I'm not "allowed" to leave him unattended because he's in a big boy crib .. understood.. but is it too much to ask to have one of the many volunteers wandering around to come sit and play with him for five minutes so I can go to the restroom? I think of myself as an extremely patient person, but I'm done being patient. We sat here for seven hours yesterday for nothing because the nurse didn't want to walk down to the pharmacy to pick up his immunoglobulin and the pharmacy continually forgot to bring it up... THAT was the hold up! AAAAAHHHHHHHH... so frustrated. Carson is coming down to relieve me for a while so I can get outside, shower and regain my positive outlook on the situation! :)
4 comments:
Andrea,
I'm sorry you had such a frustrating afternoon & night! You always have such a great attitude, you have every right to vent and this is a good place since we can all empathize with those frustrations!!! Ugh! Hang in there-I hope Owen's treatment goes well today and you're home by tomorrow. I'm sure Owen is feeling "ah dun" with that place like his Mama too!!! Good luck and enjoy your little break :o)
Love,
Katie
Grrr...I hate things like that! Since having Trey, and experiencing WAY too many frustrating things at the hospital, I think I would make the world's BEST nurse because I've finally learned all the things NOT to do. I think part of nurses training should be spent as the patient...I'm sure things would improve drastically.
The only time Hospitals get right to it... is when the Bill is due :(
So good you are there to pick up the
nurse's slack. It can be so irritating!! Sure hope today is better for all of you.
Andrea,
I am so SORRY, I know how frusterating it is. You are and have been so positive, I am glad you finally let a vent out. YEA for Andrea. I am glad you finally got a shower, I know that always helps. I really wish we lived closer then I could come sit with Owen. I hope things go fast and you are home very soon.
Lots of Love,
Chrissie
Post a Comment