Sunday, February 22, 2009

We're Home Again

We made it home late last night. Owen's monitor continually showed his oxygen saturations dropping into the 60's, but he didn't look like he was that blue. I requested another oximeter (the one on the bed) and he had one foot hooked up to each monitor. I was right! He was actually in the 80's and the other monitor was just trying to keep us in the hospital longer. So long room 415.. and so long to our roomate that arrived at 1am Thursday morning :).
IMG_4176-enhancedhospitalroombyebye

Since our cupboards and fridge were bare, we decided to go to Joe's Farmgrill for breakfast. Mmmmm$$mm$$mmm. So expensive, but delicious. Owen was thrilled to be outdoors....
IMG_4205-enhancedowenjoes

Kamryn wanted to walk and walk and walk around.
IMG_4200-enhancedkamrynjoes

I get a little freaked out by the signs that say "watch for falling scorpions" by all the trees.
IMG_4207-enhancedgoodbyebreakfast
We are glad to be home... there is so much to catch up on after just three days away. Owen's been puking and has a runny bum.... I'm putting off calling cardiology because I don't want to go back :(. Pray that this is short lived and goes away.

Oh.. I forgot to mention that Gracie got a heart today!! Just 3 short days after being listed for a heart is a miracle. It appears that her body is rejecting the heart... they are working on other treatments, but if she rejects this heart... she cannot be relisted for another. Prayers to her and her family and also the family that lost their little one.

8 comments:

Allison said...

Glad you guys are home again! Hope that Mr. Owen feels better soon!

Carlla said...

I came across your blog and I have visited several times to check on Owen. My son Aiden is post Glenn, he turned 1 January 23rd. I will keep Owen in my prayers!

Anonymous said...

Mommies always know best. Hope little Owen has a peaceful night.
Sweet dreams

Caryn said...

Hi Andrea! I am always so happy to hear from other heart Mom's. We are in Gilbert too! Where in Cali are you going? We loved Dr Hanley at Stanford.

A good friend's son was just born this week with HLHS, I am sure she would love to hear from someone who has been there! Her name is Heidi and her blog is crazyskids.blogspot.com

I will keep Owen in my prayers!

allison said...

Fallig scorpions????? For real? I have some family in Az & I have to say I could never live there! They've had teranchulas (sp?), scorpions, rattle snakes etc on their property...yikes! You have to be brave to live there I think! Nice to see you out & about!

One Happy Heart Family said...

Oh I am glad you guys are HOME! I put off calling cardiology also. You know when you call them it is just an invite to join them at the hospital and a hour and a half drive is never fun. I hope Owen gets feeling better. Maybe just a little buggy from the ICU. Oh I am so wanting to be where you are. Eating outside (SIGH) sounds lovely. Scorpions yuck. I hate creapy crawly things. Glad you got to get out as a family. I love those days.

Stephanie said...

So happy you all are home again. Keeping Owen in my prayers!

Jenna said...

Yay!!!