Sunday, February 1, 2009
Owen's Birthday Party
Owen's jungle party was a lot of fun! The weather was amazing in the mid 70's with just a light breeze. Owen had no clue why his entire (almost) family was there and kept saying "Owen... Owen... Smile"... but he was obviously very amused. I have to say that the many, many balloons were the highlight of the party as you will see in the pictures.
We made our own cakes for Mr. Owen. Daddy made the lion cake....
Kamryn made the monkey cake. Seriously... if I would have made the cakes they would have not resembled an animal.
We discovered Owens complete disinterest in cakes and anything related to the blowing of the candles or eating it. It's a good thing he's got a big sister who has done this nine times and is a professional now.
On his actual birthday (Wed.) we baked him a small cake in hopes that he would smash it and at the very least ... eat a little. He found it more entertaining to toss the whole cake on the floor instead. Since we learned our lesson with cake already, we went for the bite off a fork approach today. He tried it....
then made this face.
Apparently he prefers to eat balloons instead!
He was tuckered out in time to open presents... but he got some fabulous clothes and books (just what Mommy asked for)! He woke up in time to play "attack the balloons" once more.
We finally got a shot with all four of us in it. It's an aweful picture of myself, but the camera does add ... what?... 50lbs or so?
Our little guy is finally one. A year ago we weren't sure what was in store for Mr. Owen. I didn't buy a car seat, crib or clothes for him yet.... I was waiting for the official "you can take him home" first. It's been an emotional year for all of us, but HAPPINESS is the one that jumps to mind first! We can't wait to celebrate many more birthdays!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
14 comments:
Yes yes yes!! How can you not look at that little face and be happy.
Happy B-day mr. Owen!! Such a big boy.
We think about you guys all the time.
To bad we don't live closer:( We would have come to Mr. Owens B-day..
C.
Happy happy birthday Owen! Hope your next one is filled with eating the way yummy cake (I wish I did not like the texture of Cake!)
Heart hugs,
Emily
I'm so glad Owen wasn't sick today for his big celebration. Andrea, you look absolutely fabulous. You have the best hair of anyone I know. You are so lucky that you will probably never have to worry about making another birthday cake as long as you live. Cameron is so amazing and now you've got Kamryn that's got a real knack for making cakes too. So glad you all had a happy day.
I am glad you were able to have a fun celebration. You all deserve it!
Cute cakes! I'm impressed! Looks like you had a TON of fun!
So cute. You look awesome in the family picture. I am so glad little Owen had fun. He looks so good. I was the same way I didn't buy anything until we heard the word home.
I love the face he made after he ate the cake. I make the same face I hate cake and I replace it with Ice cream and Brownies. Glad to see someone is having good and warm weather I can only keep hoping for it to come shine on us!
First of all, you look great Andrea! And second, I'm so glad Owen's party was a hit! You guys are often in our prayers!
Jesse
What a beautiful day! It looks like the weather was just perfect, too!
Happy, Happy Birthday OWEN!!!
We love you and pray for you all the time!
Heart hugs~ Rebecca
PS- I think that 50 is probably the minimum...I think that I read my camera adds at least that amount! I have nothing to do with it! :)
I saw on the IHH board that Owen turned one! Happy Birthday! I just spent some time catching up on the latest and it looks like you guys have been through the ringer. Enjoy being home before you have to go back to the hospital (Phoenix Children's right?!)
Heart Hugs!
Alli Hicken
Seriously, he is the cutest little boy! I laughed when I saw his face after eating the cake! Who doesn't like cake? He really is one of a kind. What a celebration it must have been and how wonderful to have a first birthday. Next years will be even better! Happy, happy birthday handsome!
Looks like a fun party!!! Welcome to ONE Owen! Amazing what enjoyment a balloon can bring... my little guy loves them too!
I am so glad that his birthday bash was grand!
I do have something for you and him that I will be mailing. . just didn't get it sent in time for his b-day. Also you might live a distance from most of us in IHH. . .I want you to feel part of it all and so that something that I am including for you has to do with IHH.
Heart Hugs,
Carolyn Quigley
President, IHH
Post a Comment