My patience is being tested and I haven't slept in over 48 hours. Owen is Mr. Crabby pants! We're still sitting in our ER room and it's been over 9 hours. He's dehydrated and they tried to place an IV several times with no luck. Owen's veins are just shot. We were able to get enough blood out of one stick for his labs. We ran him down for a quick tummy xray and all was well. They gave him some anti-nausea medicine and started him on pediatlyte. If he can tolerate 2 ounces without puking, we can go home. Sounds like he just has a nasty tummy bug and we'll see how his heart is functioning next Thursday when we do his echo.
Owen woke up from a nap around 1am when the IV team came in and his mouth was full of blood. We cleaned it out enough to find the source was coming from one of his top molars. It's cutting through the gum and bleeding like crazy.. thanks to the daily dose of asprin he takes. This too could be a source of all his crabbyness.
I'm praying that Owen holds these 2 ounces down and we can go home and both get some much needed sleep. Mr. Crabby Pants sleeps for 3 min intervals and then squirms and throws his binki on the floor. So I then get up from my comfy spot and wash the binki just to have him throw snorty on the floor. Like I said... my patience is being tested.
Grandma Monica is on her way down here to sit with Owen so I can go potty and get something to eat. I don't need another meltdown.
10 comments:
Owen needs a break so you can have a break. I'm sorry you are going thru such a tough time. We pray every day for your precious Owen. He's going to make it and so are you.
Well, Lindsay has started this puking thing this morning too! A stomach virus is going around here as well! Just great! Hopefully she won't get it too severe. Man, I hope Owen starts to feel better soon. Those darned teeth! I'm so gald we can't remember those coming in! Hope you don't go nuts :-) and have a better day today! Love to you all!
Suzie
Patience is something I lack, but man do those little ones know how to test it. I am so sorry Mr. Owen is so sick. You are in our prayers.
Oh no... I was hoping you guys could stay home last night and rest up. We will pray for his relief and that this is not affecting his heart!
I'm sorry! I hope you can go home and sleep! Sleep ALL day! :) Both of you!
Oh Andrea- I am sooo sorry! You need to get some sleep for sure! I don't think anyone understands that the mommy never gets a break. My husband had to take Mia to her apt today because I am home feeling like death. Everyone tells you that you need to make sure you take care of yourself, but with these heart babies it just doesn't seem to be an option. I am glad that grandma can help out. Maybe we should get you some binki clips- or would he just yank it off? When you are drained it is the little things (like binki throwing) that puts you over the edge. I would be happy to send you some if you tell me what kind of binki he uses. You are both being very patient considering what you are going through!! You are more that welcome to go outside and scream "this sucks!" as loud as you want! It always made me feel better :-D
Mr. Owen you are our hero! Try and keep your fluid down ok buddy?
Ug. Oh, Andrea, I'm so sorry. This nasty stuff is everywhere! I'm so sad that your sweet little Owen caught it. It's the LAST thing he needs (or you need). I hope you guys are at home sleeping as I type this. The ER is a HORRIBLE place to be... and I've found that generally the ER docs don't know anything. They are just there to sign the prescription. :( I hope things get better, and quickly.
If anyone I know needs a vacation, it is YOU!! I am so, so sorry. What a crummy deal. I thought Trent's molar were making him crabby, but at least I haven't seen any blood! Poor little guy.
I came across your blog through a mutual blogger. My heart aches for you and Owen.. Owen is such a beautiful baby. I will be keeping him in my prayers as well as you and your family.
Although a completely different CHD, I am also a heart mommy. My 6 month old daughter has TOF and will be going through surgery in May.
Blessings,
Crystal
Tummy flu and teething,:( what a horrible combination for poor little Owen. I hope he takes a very long snooze after this ER ordeal is over, so you can get some sleep. Nothing worse than a crabby baby and mommy ;)
Deep Breath! We pray.... you sleep!
Post a Comment