Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Waiting til' Morning

I decided to wait until morning before making the decision to take Owen into the hospital or not. I just think of how gross the ER is at night when regular Dr.'s offices are closed...yuck! He is tolerating his feeds a tiny bit at a time. He's on 10ccs an hour drip.. that's probably a quarter of an ounce an hour (REALLY SLOW).. but better than nothing. We're hoping for a restful night, no puking and a happy little guy tomorrow morning.

I forgot to mention that Carson has the same aweful stomach bug. Poor Daddy. Kamryn and I won't get sick. (knocking on wood right now)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying for a quick recovery at home.
Lots of cuddles are the best medicine ;)

Stephanie said...

Praying that he recovers quickly and feels like new tomorrow morning! Hugs Hugs Hugs...that'll always make him feel better :)

Smiley Family said...

DANG IT!!! Owen does not deserve to be sick! I hope he (and Carson) get better soon!

To Be or Not to Be said...

esiriI can understand why you want to wait until morning. When we left owen's room and went out thru the ER there were people everywhere. It was pretty busy. I'm sorry it doesn't seem to get any easier, but it will. You will relish the boring times that are ahead of you. Hope you can get some sleep. It's so much easier to tolerate the demands of life when you are rested. We pray for you everyday.

allison said...

It is such a tough call whether to say or go in to the hospital. But if you can manage at home it's always the best option (in my non-medical opinion). Oh I hope it passes fast, nothing worse than a stomach virus:(