Mr. Owen is still puking and having watery (you know what). He tolerated about 5oz of formaula yesterday and then puked that up last night. He is back on pedalyte at 4oz every 5 hours... not much. He has lost 2lbs in 5 days and he worked really hard to gain those pounds. The only thing that makes him 100% satisfied is ICE! Not any ice... SONIC ice. Did you know you can buy a great big bag of it for $1.50?! It's easy for him to chew and he just munches and munches all day. It probably feels great on all those teeth coming in too!

Fatigue comes along with feeling sick and losing weight. He just lays in bed all day. When he's awake he plays for all of 5 min before he wants to go back to bed. As I'm sure you know.. I am scared that it all relates to his heart. I pray that this is just a bug but fear that it's worse than that.

I know that we are blessed to have him home in Arizona so we can be together. At any time, I could be on my way to LA with Owen leaving Kamryn and Carson six hours away. I'm trying to look at it s an adventure. If I don't, I just hate the idea of being without Kamryn and Carson! Sure, I'll see them often and anytime Kamryn has a break from school (summer vaca) she'll be in LA with us. It's just going to be difficult. A new city (where I don't know a soul), a new hospital (with new dr.'s and nurses), a new place to live (we won't even start on that yet), and a new beginning for Owen! :)
18 comments:
andrea, i have been following this lil fella for a while and he's just so darn stinkin cute!! i love his eyes..they reel me in eveytime! i am very sorry that ya'll had to endure this journey from the hospital with the 36 hour ordeal and then the tummy stuff! kuddos to you mom, b/c i don't think i would have had the patience you do~~you are such a great mom...i wil pray that the sickness @ your house will leave and all will be great!
Oh, Owen, it's time for you to get better and stop scaring your mama! Praying for you today, that Owen rounds the bend and starts feeling better SOON!
Jesse
Hi, just wanted you to know I'm praying like crazy for you guys. I hope Owen just has the crud and nothing else.
I'm sorry poor Owen has been so sick
It makes me so sad to see little Owen
under the weather. This sure is a mean ol bug that is going around. I bet with some chicken broth,sesame street book reading and snuggle time with mommy, he will be up and smiling in no time!!
Hi there. I haven't ever posted a message to you, but have followed Owen a little from Katie's blog. I just felt led to write something this time, because I just went through a similar bought of the nausea, vomiting and diarrhea with my 1 yo. HLHS little girl.
I know how you always think the first thing is the heart...and it can be, but I'll just pass on what happened with Natalie. She had the above crud and she would actually take fluids, but it would just come right out the other end. We ended up taking her in to the ER after talking all day with her pediatrician and trying multiple things. She was lethargic like Owen and I just thought that she was dehydrated, but after the labs came back, they found out that her blood sugar was 40! (norm 60-100) She had been having pedialyte all day, but it just didn't have the calories that she needed. So I just wanted to let you know this so that you might be able to sneak in a sucker or something high calorie to give him the energy that his little heart needs. I underestimated how much these normal childhood bugs can wear out my little girl. Also, you might check with your doc, but our ped. suggested a small dose of Immodium for the diarrhea and it worked. By the way, good idea on the ice-keep it going. Hope this might help.
Angie
Okay you need to call me! If you are in Gilbert my Mother in Law has one of those ice makers! I can totally give you ice!!! It saved me in my pregnancies!
iscaryn@cox.net
Just wanted you to know that I've been thinking of your little Mr. Owen and praying for him all the time.
Jen
We are certainly praying for sweet Owen! Mary Clare also has some sort of stomach yuck. She seems to feel fine, but she can't keep anything IN her. I know how you feel with those sacred slowly gained LB's...She was up to 23 lbs, lost 3 when we traveled to Mexico, was up 1 as of last week and now down 2 again...One step forward, three back...Is it always like this with our high maintenance HLHS babies!!?? I have certainly been thinking so often of sweet Owen. I wish there was something I could do all the way over here in SC! I'm sending lots of love and prayers your way, however! Take care, and give baby Owen a kiss for me and Mary Clare! Love, Kerri
Goodness,I am so sorry. I my girls were sick a month ago & it was SO exhausting taking care of them in that state. & I didn't have to worry about their hearts so I'm really feeling for you right now. I wish I lived near you so I could help you in some way. I am really, really sorry Andrea:(
You are always in our prayers.
Who doesn't love Sonic ice . . . it makes me happy! Glad you guys are home too, keeping you all in our prayers!
Hopefully Owen is getting hydrated with all that ice he's eating. I bet if you were to contact local wards by the hospital in California where Owen is going to have his transplant and tell them of your plight, someone would be more than willing to let you use a bedroom while you are there. All of this worry, stress & not knowing what the future holds is going to be worth it one day when Owen is running around with a healthy heart. We see so many miracles and know Owen has had many. I'm sure there are more to come. We pray for your strength so you can take care of Owen. Love Ya Andrea, Siri
I'm praying that it's just a bug and not his heart. Your little boy is the most precious thing ever!!!!!! Please keep us updated so we can continue to pray for your family. Sending hugs your way
So sorry that Owen is still feeling yucky. Poor little guy and poor mommy too! I'm sure you're all exhausted!!! Hope he starts feeling better really soon...hang in there!
And the tune "Ice, Ice, Baby" is stuck in my head now! Stop, collaborate and listen....
Used to love that song while doing a very lame version of the "roger rabbit" dance move back in the day!!! Ha! :)
I am praying for Mr. craby pants that it is just a bug! and mind you he has a good reason for being craby. I hope he feels better soon. Damn that RSV crap and flu going around infecting our kids like it is, and it better not come back to mr. owen again... love your family and hope everyone stays healthy and you dont have to go back to those dirty hospitals again.
OH Andrea, I am so sorry Owen is not feeling better yet. How long do they want to wait before going to the hospital. I pray it is just a bug and not his heart, but like you said, I think as heart moms everything is "heart" related. At least he will eat ice now, hey and just another excuse to pack up the sick kiddo and get a well needed Diet DP HUH? Hopefully the ice will keep him hydrated. Praying for you guys.
He has to be the most adorable little guy ever!!! I have a daughter who has kidney disease and MD!!! With her weakened immune system she picks up everything. When we get any stomach but the drs always try to get us to do pedialite but it tast TERRIBLE!!!! Kylie is 16 now and through the years we learned to buy small ice cube trays and freeze gatoraide in the little bitty trays. They get the small ice chunks to chew on like ice and they get electrolites back in their body!!! Maybe that will help in the future! We have had many long days and nights through the years with her and many to come. Please know Owen is in my prayers as well as the rest of your family. Take care
Hearts and Hugs
Marie Wimsett
Any better today????
Post a Comment