* Was your first pregnancy planned? Not even close. I was 19, Carson was 21.. we had only dated for six months. We were madly in love and didn't spend a moment away from eachother.... surprise!!
* Were you married at the time? Not quite... but we were married 5 weeks after I peed on a sitck. It also happened to be 5 days before my 20th Birthday. We were smitten with eachother!
* What were your reactions? Our first reaction was "how did this happen?"... Ok, we knew. Our second reaction was ... "let's get married!" After the wedding and the morning sickness ended ... we were excited!!!!
* How did you find out you were pregnant? After puking every night for a couple weeks, then missing my monthly cycle.. I took a test.
* Who did you tell first? Seriously? I called Carson first!
* Did you want to find out the sex? Of course.. I didn't need more surprises.
* What was your due date? January 1, 2000... Millenium Baby!
* Did you have morning sickness? Let me just say that I spent the majority of our wedding receiption and honeymoon in Vegas in the bathroom puking. It was very romantic...wasn't it dear?!
* What did you crave? The same thing I crave now, always crave, can't get enough... chocolate and diet coke.
* What is the sex of that baby? Girly Girl.
* How many pounds did you gain? 60 pounds of baby... or 6lbs of baby... 50lbs of placenta. However you like to think of it!
* Did you havea ny complications? If you call puking for 9 months complicated.. then yes.
* How many hours were you in labor? I showed up at the hospital at 8pm complaining of horrible contractions... in reality, I wasn't effaced or dialted at all and they were minor cramps. They were going to send me home but I was already past due and wouldn't leave. They induced me, gave me some IV drugs, then some magnesium and then an epidural. Let's just say it would've been much quicker if I weren't so drugged.
* Who was in the delivery room? Carson, my mom on video, Kelli on photography, 1 nurse to hold my completely numbed legs and 1 doctor to catch her.
* When was your baby actually born? Jan 03 -- after 2 1/2 hours of pushing she made her debut.
* How much did she weigh? 6lbs 13oz == 21" long
* What did you name her? Kamryn
Kamryn at 1 month
Kamryn at one year
* How old is your first born today? NINE... an amazing, funny, silly, intelligent, sometimes sassy, nine year old girl.
As she reminded us on her birthday ... "I'm halfway to 18!" I wish we could stop time.
4 comments:
Great story Andrea. I love learning these kinds of things about friends. Can you believe how fast they grow up? It is almost scary at times. So glad to see that Owen is home and drinking from a straw. Way to go buddy!
Keisa
That was fun to read! I think I can see a little bit of Owen in the pictures of Kamryn....she's always had that bright smile!
Cute little questionnaire! I copied it to my blog! Hope you don't care!
Also, I tried to add the Owen's heart button to my blog and it's not working......... I don't know why. :(
Anyway, hope you guys are doing well!
That was so fun to read about Kamryn and your love story. I guess your rough honeymoon just means you need a great 10 year anniversary trip, right?. I can't get enough of how happy your kids are. Kamryn's 1 year old picture is soo cute and just kept getting more beautful. Our our love. We keep Owen and his new heart in our prayers.
Post a Comment