Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's

We had a wonderful day together as a family. This time last year, Owen was recovering from his first open heart surgery. I remember holding him in the PICU and praying that I would be able to bring him home!!
We celebrated Valentine's at home... together! We had a "fancy" candlelight dinner and the kids thought it was great! Valentine's day has a different meaning to us this year... Happy HEART Day!
Another dear heart friend, Gracie, is in need of your prayers. They just found out she too needs a heart transplant but is having many complications and will be in ICU until her heart becomes available.

4 comments:

Smiley Family said...

Happy Heart Day indeed! So glad you got to celebrate at home this year. Your blog made me realize what I forgot for our Valentine's dinner - candles!! What was I thinking?!

You really don't know the meaning of LOVE until you have kids, do you?.

Jenna said...

Happy Heart Day Owen!!

Summer said...

Hapy Valentines to a ver special heart family!! We are praying for
Owen! I hope Owen and Mason can meet someday. With Love, Summer

The B Family said...

Happy HEART day, Y'all!!! So many memories from one year ago today, aren't there? Last night was the first night that I got to spend with Annabelle on the moderate care floor...I remember that being the BEST heart day gift ever!
Praying for Owen & sharing in your beautiful Heart day at home!!!
Love to you~ Rebecca