Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Rituximab.. Round 2

I just called called the charge nurse and we're taking Owen in at 8am tomorrow for his second dose of Ritxuimab. It should be about 4 hours in ICU -- in and out. Last time he had a yucky reaction and this time we're increasing the intensity of it. We're also doing labs to check his PRAs (panel reactive antibodies)... we'll do that tomorrow and again on March 4th. Even though it's a quick visit to ICU, it still involves an IV, hooked up to monitors and lots of meds dripping in his veins. We're praying for no reactions and that it does it's job.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Will be praying for your little Owen to sail through round 2.
Give him an extra hug ;)

♥ Michele ♥ said...

I am reading your blog through new eyes based on the information we got about Gracie today. I don't know how you do it and I'm afraid I won't be able to. It sounds like you are doing a lot of testing, consulting, traveling etc and the thought of doing all of that blows me away. You continue to do it with a happy face. I hope that Owen will find a heart soon, if picking heart recipients were like adoption, they would pick Owen FOR SURE because he is so cute!!

Nic and Ashley Haws said...

I am thinking of Owen and hoping and praying that things are going okay. He's such a sweetheart. Please let us know how things are going.

Wright Family said...

Praying that this round goes eaiser than the last.

Jen

Stephanie said...

Praying for Owen today!!!

mrsrubly said...

hi and hello from TX. i am not for sure where i stumbled across your blog, but i did and i don't regret it. you have such a nice looking family your lil boy is so precious! i will pray for ya'll. i am so sorry that all this stuff is going on. good luck owen! i hope you do well withy your Round 2 of chemo!

Hot Diggity Daws said...

I just found your blog and I will be praying for little Owen!

Anonymous said...

Hope it went well! I think maybe he's done by now? Hope so, & I hope you'll have good news to post soon!