HA... what was I thinking? It is now 5:30 and we are still waiting. Waiting in our room on the fourth floor. Waiting in our SHARED room on the floor with an adorable little girl that just had surgery yesterday and is NOT very happy. Waiting for the Dr.'s to finally put the orders into the pharmacy so we can start Owen's IVIG. Waiting for the IV team to come up and start his IV. Waiting for Owen and sweet little girl behind this rainbow curtain to fall asleep. Waiting for cardiology to come up and say "oh... hey... how long have you been here?"
Thursday, February 19, 2009
Admitted and Waiting
We got the call at 1:00 that Owen's room was ready... finally... YES... let's get this done.
HA... what was I thinking? It is now 5:30 and we are still waiting. Waiting in our room on the fourth floor. Waiting in our SHARED room on the floor with an adorable little girl that just had surgery yesterday and is NOT very happy. Waiting for the Dr.'s to finally put the orders into the pharmacy so we can start Owen's IVIG. Waiting for the IV team to come up and start his IV. Waiting for Owen and sweet little girl behind this rainbow curtain to fall asleep. Waiting for cardiology to come up and say "oh... hey... how long have you been here?"
While we wait... Owen is pulling off all his leads. Beep Beep Beep... we wait for a nurse to come turn off his monitors. This is going to be a LONG two days. Did I mention that I get to sleep in this bed with Owen... there is no where else to sleep.
HA... what was I thinking? It is now 5:30 and we are still waiting. Waiting in our room on the fourth floor. Waiting in our SHARED room on the floor with an adorable little girl that just had surgery yesterday and is NOT very happy. Waiting for the Dr.'s to finally put the orders into the pharmacy so we can start Owen's IVIG. Waiting for the IV team to come up and start his IV. Waiting for Owen and sweet little girl behind this rainbow curtain to fall asleep. Waiting for cardiology to come up and say "oh... hey... how long have you been here?"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Just looking at that picture of Owen brings back a flood of memories for me. We spent our last night of recovery in a room just like that after his second surgery. It was so hard!!! Just like you said, there is no where to sleep but with your baby and it's very hard to have to share a room. I hope you can get some sleep tonight and that the doctors move things along for you. Good luck!
Oh I am sorry, I hate to share rooms. I hope this treatment goes well and you are home soon. Lots of prayers and thoughts coming your way. Sorry about the long waiting game :(
Sorry you are still waiting and that you have to share a room. After one of Emerson's thumb surgeries, we had to share a room as well and it was not fun so I empathize completely. I hope they get things moving along very soon so you can be home for most of the weekend. You are such a trooper Andrea. Thanks for your positive example.
Keisa
Post a Comment