Thursday, February 19, 2009

We're a GO!

I am writing this prematurely, but it's 9pm and the night nurse just ran down to the pharmacy to pick up Owen's Immunoglobulin. After SIX hours of wasted time... Owen should start his 36 hour treatment soon. Instead of going home to our cozy beds tomorrow evening... we'll be here through Saturday. Needless to say... I'm irritated. To top it off... it took the IV team 3 tries to get an IV in and we're praying they heal up before our next round of chemo because his veins are shot. He's such a little trooper and he's thrilled that I get to sleep in bed with him tonight. All my frustrations disappeared when I climbed in his hospital bed with him and he grinned ear to ear. Sweet dreams .. hopefully we'll get some sleep. Our sweet little roomate is in dreamland... we'll pray she sleeps through the night as well.

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

You made his day!!! Hope you're able to get comfy with your little prince. I'm keeping Owen in my prayers the next few days. I'm sorry that you have to stay alittle longer but here's praying that everything goes well :)

Mindi said...

Hurry up and wait. It's a cruel game. Hang in there. Sometimes the psychology of the visit is worse than the treatment. Owen will only remember how lucky he is to have such a special sleepover with mommy. Our thoughts are with you.

Anonymous said...

Dear Sweet Mom,
I am praying extra hard tonight. I know how hard this is for you. My son had "shot veins" once also, after many many blood draws. He is now much older and his veins are strong again. There are many hurdles to get through, but the big reward is a strong healthy Owen.
Enjoy these precious moments together, one day at a time, one step at a time. You and Owen are my heros.

Smiley Family said...

You are such a trooper Andrea! You really are an example to me of staying positive no matter what is thrown at you. Little Owen is so lucky to have you. I wish you both a good night sleep. Hang in there!

mrsrubly said...

awww! i am so sorry that ya'll had to wait ALL of this time with a toddler no doubt! i hope his treatment goes great w/out complications! go Owen go! i am praying for you sweety

Allison said...

What a long wait! Hope that the sleepover went ok last night and that Owen does well with today's treatment.

Jamie said...

I am hoping your night went good! You basically rock!!! Good luck to Mr. Owen.