I had to snap this quick photo of Owen crying... he never cries... but he did today. After his encounter with ravioli for lunch, followed by a thin mint cookie and another 4 oz of milk dribbled down his chest... I thought it'd be a great opportunity to try a bath. Owen has only taken one bath ever (he prefers showers). I filled the tub to the perfect temp, found his favorite floatable toys and I was so excited to watch him play while washing away his lunch. What was I thinking?? The minute his feet touched the water, he screamed...and screamed...and screamed...and continued to scream for five minutes after he was out of the tub and dried off. I only sat in the tub with him for 10 seconds until he turned beautiful shades of blue and magenta. No more baths for Owen.... ever!Sorry Owen... bad Mommy for thinking that an afternoon bath would be such a great idea.
8 comments:
My kids are opposite, you can't get them out of the tub!! Sorry! Does he like the pool? Good luck tomorrow!
Oh bless his precious little heart! Allie loves her baths..she splashes and plays and has so much fun..maybe one day he'll decide he likes them but until then it's showers that are ordered :) I'll be keeping Owen in my prayers!
Awww, must remind him of a bad experience at the Hospital. He will probably grow up to be an Olympic swimmer.;0) Prayers and good thoughts for little man tomorrow.
Sometimes I wish that my kids would take showers-I think it would be quicker. They get in and won't get out. It's a struggle sometimes! Best of luck with everything tomorrow!
Ah.. poor buddy. Good luck with the IVIG tomorrow.
Oh my word. Don't you love the drama? He can survive open heart surgery and all the crazy stuff he's going through with a smile on his face, but the tub brings him to tears. I remember during Jack's first stay in the hospital you would have thought he was being tortured every time they took his temperature, so much worse then getting an IV. I mean seriously! The drama. :)
Good luck with this next treatment.
I guess Owen will be a shower man!! He is just too cute! My husband Mel and I loved the video of his new trick...sucking! What a huge accomplishment! He'll get the swallowing down soon enough! Sweet Owen, we will certainly be thinking about you this week!
Also wanted to mention that I posted a photo of Owen on my site. I hope you don't mind. (Please let me know if you want me to remove it!!) Love to you, Kerri
Oh that picture is so sad!! I wonder what it is that he hates so much!! He is such a sweetheart.. Praying for you for this next round in the hospital, I hope it's as quick and as painless for Owen as possible. He is such a trooper, and so are you..
Post a Comment