Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Sick Day x2

Owen soaked through his sheets last night. The little guy just sweat and sweat. I have been keeping on top of the Tylenol and Motrin. Keeping him hydrated with Pediaslite.. not Pediasure (typo in my last post). In fact, I gave him an entire jug of Pedialite yesterday. He's well hydrated!

I spoke with Dr Stock yesterday afternoon and he said to treat him as if he were a healthy kid... but err on the side of caution. Back off the Lasix if he shows signs of dehydration. Decrease the Captopril if his blood pressure seems too low. Keep him cool.

My kids don't usually get sick. Not like this. Kamryn has only had antibiotics 3 times in 10 years. Owen hasn't had a fever since he was an infant and has stayed healthy, despite his heart. I'm hoping he's on the upside of this bug. He's acting a little more like himself but looks kinda awful.

Today is another "catch-up day" for me. While Owen lays around and Kamryn reads... I am getting all the housework caught up. Today's list is to scrub the floors, vacuum, clean out the fridge, wash the sweat soaked bedding, and disinfect the things he has touched.

Speaking of sweaty. The Mormon missionaries just stopped by for some Popsicles and ice water. They really are such sweet boys.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Hope he feels better soon! So much anxiety when the heart babes are sick! Hope the bug leaves soon.

Michelle
www.withallmyhearts.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

You aren't supposed to let the missionaries in, let alone feed or water them...they are like strays, feed them once and they keep coming back. Best advice is to hide and not let them know you are home.

On second thought, when they ask if there is anything they can do for you, have them clean out your garage or paint your fence...that should keep them from coming back.

I should know...I was a mormon missionary at one time.

Queen Mommy said...

Hope he feels better soon! Lily is sick this week too...fevers, coughing up mucous, all that jazz. It's never fun or easy when these little ones get sick, and it's always a little scary because we have to stay so on top of things.

Just saw your "pink bink" post. LOVED it! Lily used to love her green NICU nukkies. And, for so long, it was the only positive oral stimulation she was able to get (because her esophagus didn't connect to her stomach and she was unable to eat orally). She kept her nuk until she was about 3-1/2, I think. I just didn't have the heart to take it away from her. Because it had been her major source of comfort (other than me) for her entire life. She only had it at naps and bedtime though. And, her teeth are fine too. 2-1/2 is just not that bad to still be using a binky....ESPECIALLY considering everything your little guy has been through.

Kathy said...

oh..poor Owen. I hope that bug decides to leave fast. I don't like seeing our boys sick. Can you even crank your ac cool enough this time of year to cool him off? (I know ours runs ALL night LONG...it's like a fridge in my house.)

and the missionaries...are you Mormon? We are too..wouldn't you have guessed it by the RollersinVegas name?

Well...i hope you all get a good night's sleep tonight.

TrishAnderson said...

Still crummy, huh? I am sorry to hear that. Feel better soon Owen.