Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Disney

We're headed to the happiest place on earth this fall for the Simmons' Family reunion. We've been many times and our favorite place to stay in the Disneyland Resort, but I want to save a little money and play for less this time.

At first I wanted to just go for two days... one day at Disney, one day at California Adventure. For just $30 more, we can go for five days. I'm not a Disney maniac that can spend day after day at the park from open to close.... I can only take so much. With that said, we rarely have time to stop and enjoy the parades and light shows. I think five days would be a great way to make it relaxing, hit all the rides, and also enjoy the shows as well.

Here's where I need your help. Where do ya'll stay when you visit Disneyland? What are some of your favorite places to eat? HELP!!

15 comments:

laura said...

We usually stay at the Anabella Hotel. It's not RIGHT on the park grounds like the the Resort, but it's within walking distance.

Shari said...

Book through Get Away Today. Totally worth it. Stayed at Castle Inn, 1 1/2 blocks from the parks. Family suite is very nice (and reasonable). Favorite place to eat? In the parks - Disneyland gotta do the Bengal Tiger across from Indiana Jones/Jungle Cruise. Cali Adventure -Pacific Warf, the bread factory. Bread bowls made there with soup or salad. Absolute must eat. Out of the parks - Goofy's Kitchen hands down.

Andrea Gunnell said...

We just stayed at the Embassy Suites that is close to Disneyland. I love that motel. It's very nice plus they serve an amazing hot breakfast every morning. We ate a huge breakfast and grabbed an extra bagel to eat around lunch so it lasted us until dinner and we only had to eat out once. Sounds like you've already had a few suggestions to look in to. Hope you find the perfect place for your family!

kathy said...

I link to your blog through a friend's blog, so you don't know me, but... we spent 4 days at Disneyland in May with our son and his family. We also like to stay at the Disney resort, but our son needed to go a bit cheaper, so we stayed at the Fairfield Marriott, which is across the street and about a half block down from the main entrance. It was a nice hotel, reasonably priced, and had a killer view of the fireworks from our balcony. Also, it's next door to McDonalds, which is nice for breakfast. I'd stay there again!

Nancy said...

HOJO'S!! We tayed at the Howard JOhnson, way cheap, clean, big rooms, excellent beds and a to die for pool. Go to their website and check it out, it's awesome. Park view rooms and you can watch the fireworks, it is about 1/4 mile to main gate and we walked every day. If you have an entertainment card there are time where park view rooms are 59 dollars. Best deal around and the service and rooms are great. Have a great trip!

Meagan said...

For food, they just opened the Anaheim Gardenwalk down the street from Disneyland. It has California Pizza Kitchen, PF Changs, Cheesecake Factory and Bubba Gumps (and some steak place too, cant think of the name). All great places in my opinion. I live in Anaheim so if you have any other questions feel free to ask!

vanillaangel420 at aim dot com

Caryn said...

Amen to the Residence by Marriot. Love having a kitchen plus it's walking distance to CPK and Cheesecake Factory. And breakfast is good and included and their shuttle runs all day long so you go back and forth when you need! We always leave in the heat of the day for naps and pool time!

HAVE FUN!

Tutu Qute said...

You don't know me but I'm a friend of Wendy Wells. Anyway we just got back from there and we stayed at the Holiday Inn Express. It has a free breakfast and it's about a 15 min walk to Disney or you can take the ART. The rooms are small but the beds were comphy and it was a lot cheaper than the Disney Land Hotels. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

We love all the disney hotels but they can be a bit pricey, have not stayed anywhere else so can't help you there sorry. But not sure if you know that you can get a guest assistance pass (because Owen uses
O2) this will allow for much shorter wait in lines etc, you can also bring your stroller and all your stuff with you in the lines. HUGE help last time we went to disney. We also brough our own bottled water, juice boxes and lots of snacks for the kids. Have fun!

Super Kimmie said...

Ok...first you don't know me but I've followed your blog for quite some time. I have never commented on your blog but I had to let you in on our fav place to stay. It's not a 4 star hotel like the Disneyland Resort would be but we love it. It is right across the street from Disneyland - a very very quick walk - basically when you step off Disneyland property and cross the street you are at your hotel. The hotel is Park Place and it's usually around $99 per night - sometimes less. It's clean and has a breakfast buffet. Try it out - we won't stay anywhere else if we can help it.

Kim

By the way... I found you from Gator's blog - we are good frineds with his family - just so you know where I came from.

The Mason Family said...

Hey Andrea...You should talk with Kristi (because when I go to Disney, I just stay at my house :)), you know how much of a fanatic she is! There are a TON of hotels down there though and you should be able to get one for a reasonable price.

I hope that there is enough time during your reunion that we can FINALLY meet each other too!! And I know that if Kristi and G are still around, they would love to meet up as well...we would all have so much fun! Hope to see you soon :)

Penny said...

It depends. Do you want a kitchenette? I would stay at Homewood Suits they are a little bit away from the park, but you get a kitchennette with a nice size fridge and an stove. The room is big and you also get a little family room with a tv and table. Also you get free breakfast, which is nice. Last time I stayed at Redlion, which it was within walking distance of the park, but the fridge sucked and the room was small.

Traci said...

We just got back from a 5 day visit. It was amazing. It was the perfect amount of time, we got to see everything we wanted and didn't have to rush. We stayed at the Paradise Pier hotel this time, a first for us, and I'm not sure I'd ever stay off site again. We've got an almost 4 year old and 11 month old. So the location was awesome for naps and breaks at the pool. The room had a fridge so we loaded up on drinks and snacks to take in the park, ate breakfast in our room, and just 'ate out' once a day. Worked great.

Molly Wright said...

We stayed at the Del Sol the last time we went. It was the cheapest hotel close to the entrance. It is right across the street from the entrance. It is not fancy, but good size rooms for a good price. I would definitely recommend somewhere on Harbor Blvd. if you want to be really close. Have a great time!

{shell} said...

well i LIVE in Orange County, so I don't ever spend the night - but I have spent a GREAT DEAL of time in the park - I would suggest the Mexican restaurant (i think it's in frontierland)- the portions are big enough to share - and I agree in California Adventure you're going to want to hit up the bread factory. i have a friend that is IN LOVE with the New Orleans Cafe and that has some decent prices and good food as well. Outside of the park - the Anaheim gardenwalk is going to have a lot of the BIG restaurants - but there are TONS of places to eat in the area...from fast food to formal dining! I hope y'all have a blast!!!