Monday, June 21, 2010

Aquarium

My sister-in-laws and I took our kids to the aquarium on Friday. Our local library does a summer reading program and they handed out buy 1-get 1 free admission tickets. Who would have even thought to build a huge aquarium inside a mall? I guess that's what you do when you live in the middle of the desert. We had a good time, but it was crazy crowded. We waited forever to get in the door and we were stepping on kids left and right.
The kids had a great time and at least it was cool in there. I wouldn't say it's stroller friendly because I rolled over just about every one's toes in there. Owen kept asking to "walk... walk" and to get out of his stroller... oh, how I wish he would just walk!!
There were lots of fun little domes for the kids to pop their heads out of to see the fish in the aquariums. I had a huge bottle of sanitizer... yuck.
My favorite part was the walk through aquarium and the sharks.
Is that a shark? I don't even know. We saw the entire aquarium in about 90 minutes and the kids were ready for lunch. It was fun, expensive, crowded, but if you're looking for something fun to do for the afternoon... it's pretty cool to see once.
After lunch at the mall food court and Owen puking all over, we headed over to Gap. I couldn't find a hat for Owen that fit him. He loved this one though.
Sis liked this one...
The kids were keeping Owen entertained while we shopped. I love it. Owen was trying to steal Tatum's hat in this picture... little stinker.
We were hoping to get our moneys worth and go through the aquarium again before leaving the mall. That was until we saw the massive line outside. No thank you.

On Saturday, we met up with my best friend from high school to see Toy Story 3. It was great!! Owen slept through the first half and was thrilled to wake up and see "Buzz!!!" on the big screen. I was so worried that he would hate the movie theater but he loves it. This Thursday is The Squeakuel at the movies.. can't wait.

Summer vacation is so much fun. Kamryn is enjoying her time home, as are we. Today has been a rough day for Mister Owen, but he had a busy weekend. I guess we're forced to relax.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for all the Disneyland advice. We are totally excited! I have found several great hotel options and the Disneyland Hotel is on super sale for the week we're going.

3 comments:

CaliGirl said...

Have you thought of a baby walker for Owen? Remember the round ones that you would put the baby in and they could walk all over the house. They had a tray in them. I wonder if that would help strengthen his legs, but give him an opportunity to sit down. I know his lines may cause problems so you wouldn't be able to let him just go...hmmm..just a thought.

CaliGirl said...

By the way...I love reading your blog each day and getting updates about your great family.

Patty and Kevin said...

I've never met you before... but I am a faithful follower of your blog! About 3 months ago we got a walker for my daughter Laurie. It's basically a walker (like the kind older people use) for a 2-year-old. Laurie had never even taken a step before we got the walker. She now can go all over. She absolutely loves it. We are just borrowing it from our physical therapist's office. Check out my blog if you want to see what it looks like (pattyandkevin.blogspot.com) It might be worth looking into for little Owen! I love your blog! Thanks for sharing all your fun (and not so fun) heart mom moments!