Kamryn had a ton of fun learning to sew with her friends, but spent lots of time away from home. Owen was very excited when it was finally time to pick Sis up.
I was amazed at how well Kamryn did. Day 1 she learned how to make a pillowcase. When I picked her up on the first day she was using the iron to press her pillowcase. I never even thought to teach her how to iron. It's probably because Carson irons, I don't. Did I just admit that?
On day 2, the girls made these adorable pajama bottoms. Kamryn loves to wear them and she did a darn near perfect job with all the seams. See? I sound like I know what I'm talking about.
On day 3, they made the cutest reversible aprons. I should have her make me one. I love it! Perhaps I should teach her how to cook now.
On day 4, she made this really fun purse. She even learned to sew a zipper and use interfacing. She knows more about sewing than I ever wanted to know.
The fantastic foursome. These girls are smart, funny and totally sweet. I couldn't have picked a more perfect group of friends for Kamryn. Annalisa (far left) is moving this summer, so I'm sure the blondies will be miss her dearly.
I'm so glad they had the opportunity to learn a new skill together. I'm going to have to convince myself to buy her a sewing machine now. Good thing we have tons of family that really know how to sew and will help her. :)Tomorrow we are off to the Aquarium at the mall. Who puts an aquarium in the middle of a mall in the desert?? It's supposed to be cool and the same owners of huge aquariums all over the world. I'll have pictures!!
5 comments:
That skill will serve her well for life! I learned at that age and still LOVE making stuff when I can find the time. What a sweet big girl you have there!
Hey-- what a fun skill to learn!! Kamryn did awesome on her little projects... I have a brand new sewing machine she can have... I used it once and that's it... Let me know if your intrested :)
sheenataber@yahoo.com
I'm jealous of her sewing skills! I'm trying to learn, but I'm not advancing very quickly!
I can't wait for your aquarium pictures! We really want to make it over there when we get back to Arizona after vacation.
Go Kamryn! I'm inspired - I'm going to find a sewing class for me now!
Cxx
That is great. I can't believe how much she learned in 4 days. In junior high it took me 1 whole quarter to sew a sweatshirt. I cannot wait to see pictures of the aquarium. I want to make it over there this summer and see it. My son would love the sharks !!
Post a Comment