It was so wild.. it was hilarious. I couldn't help but laugh!! There was so much more that transpired in those 2 hours we spent at lunch. Good Times. Next time, we'll have to go out when the guys are home and we are kid free. You can tell we don't get out to restaurants much.
We are home now. Owen is taking a much needed nap and the girls are playing in the other room. It's so quiet. THANK YOU for all the advice on flying! I will not take the car seat on the plane, good to know. I think getting insurance to cover the portable oxygen is going to be my biggest challenge. I spent 45 min on the phone with United Healthcare this morning and after being transferred six times... they finally told me oxygen is only covered if we use an In-Network durable medical equipment provider. Then I spent another hour talking to those companies and they DO NOT provide any type of portable oxygen concentrators that are FDA approved. There is one place that does, but it's $30 per day and $40 battery charge. There's a catch! They only provide this for their existing oxygen patients, and insurance won't cover it because they bill it as a "convenience" item.
Seriously?? What is convenient about flying with a toddler and an oxygen concentrator? I'll find a way to get the right concentrator and also to get one of his two insurance carriers to cover it. Has anyone had insurance issues with this? It's not as if I'm flying to an island for a beach getaway... we're going to another hospital for a cardiac cath. Good thing I have 3 months to figure it all out.
Have a great weekend!! We have plans to swim, take long naps and relax.
4 comments:
Hi! I have been following your blog and Owen's story for a while now. Totally love it!! I have a heart son as well who is 4. Wyatt has HRHS and has developed Plastic Bronchitis. Yucky stuff! Anyway, we also have United HealthCare. Does Owen have a Nurse advocate from UH that has contacted you to assist you with stuff like this?
If he doesn't, please call Nancy. She is a nurse who works for UH and her job is to help people like Owen and Wyatt. Her number is 1-800-711-3563 ext. 73176. Give her a call. I hope she can help you.
Kellee : )
I hope that flying goes well! Your babies are so cute!
HI
I read about Owen going to be using a consontrator,not sure if he has ever used one but if not just remember that the O2 is not 100% like it is from the tanks. We tryed to use one for my daughter but we were not able to because of this reason. Might want to check.
Call Larry at Oxipulse 602-541-2345
He only does private pay and I think its about $300 per week
Good luck
Post a Comment