Grandma Simmons has a great big backyard with a pool, so the kids were occupied. We had a yummy BBQ and the weather was a perfect 87 degrees. It doesn't get much better than that!
I am so bummed that I only took two pictures ALL day. I was busy watching Owen climb in and out of the pool. Eating delicious food and catching up with cousins. We spend some time indoors with Grandma and she seems to be doing okay since Grandpa's passed away a few months ago. She was happy that we were all there and I don't know how she keeps up with all the Great-Grand kids running around. She always makes sure to acknowledge each of her Grand kids and try to remember their names. I can't even remember all their names. :)
I love that Grandma and Grandpa Simmons have lived in the same house since my father-in-law was little. I love that their bathroom tiles are the exact same ones that my Grandpa and Grandma Boulden used to have. It reminds me of my Grandparents each time I visit and there are so many great memories!! I think it's great that my kids get to grow up knowing some of their Great-Grandparents.
Grandpa Todd (Carson's dad) was sitting at the Organ with Owen. Who wouldn't love to play with all those gadgets!?
After swimming, eating tons of food, cake and Popsicles... I found the girls outside on the porch swing. I hope Grandma Emily had a great birthday! She looks amazing at 90! We are so glad that we spent the day in Tucson with family, it was well worth the drive.
Then of course we stopped at Lucky Wishbone on our way out of town for some greasy, artery-clogging steak fingers, french fries and garlic toast. Nothing like a greasy dinner after eating junk by the pool all day!

3 comments:
Happy Birthday Grandma Simmons:)
I love all your pictures!!
I grabbed owens button for our sites!
she looks amazing at 90! that is wonderful that the family is all closer together so that you can enjjoy days like this.
happy bday great grandma simmons!
xo,
the nelsons
Post a Comment