Friday, June 18, 2010

Eleven Years Ago

We were married in 1999. It was a HOT, hot day in the desert. I spent the morning getting ready and running back and forth to the church to help fill up the helium balloons for the reception. I was running on little sleep because we were up late dipping the strawberries in chocolate. That was a good time! I didn't even think of getting pictures taken prior to the reception because the thought of putting my wedding dress on in 115 degree heat seemed miserable. On top of it all, I was in my first trimester with Kamryn and I had some serious all day sickness.

What got me through the morning, besides all my friends and family by my side, was knowing that I was marrying an amazing man. In hindsight, I would have eloped. Joking. Maybe.

I have little memory of walking down the aisle and saying my vows, but every memory of dancing our first dance as a married couple. It was perfect.
I didn't eat one thing that night. Except for the cake that Carson fed me, before I smashed one in his face in return.We spent the night at a local hotel and it was less than romantic as we were so exhausted. Then we took our first road trip to Vegas for our honeymoon. It was a great time!! Music, talking, puking (not so fun) and laying in bed. If only I had been 21, it might have been a little more fun.

I can hardly believe it's been 11 years since that day. We were babies. We grew up together. We've made good and bad decisions together. We DID it together. I love you babe!! Happy Anniversary. Now it's time to drop off the kids and have some FUN tonight!!

6 comments:

Cindy said...

Awww! Happy Anniversary! My husband and I married young too...I love hearing about other successful marriages!

I don't think I've ever seen a picture of you...because, WOW! Kamryn sure favors you! She's your mini-me!

The B Family said...

That was so sweet! Happy, happy anniversary!!!! Have a great time together tonight! :)

Here's to many, many more!

Love the pictures, too!

Chanelle said...

Congrats and here's so many more! :)

Nicole said...

GORGEOUS HAIR

Claire said...

Congratulations, sweethearts!

Cxx

Amber Schmidt said...

Beautiful!!! I didn't cry until you said "We grew up together..." Being 17 when I got married and my hubby 19... I know exactly what you mean!!

It will be 10 years for us this year!

Congrats on 11 to you!