I had to make the decision. To buy more or bid farewell to the beloved binky. Owen only uses the binky at nap time and before bed. He also uses it as a major comfort when he is getting blood draws, immunizations, echos, before/after going under anesthesia, or when he just plain feels miserable.
I didn't have the heart to make him part from his Binky just yet. Since we were down to one, I had to buy more. The problem is they don't sell the 0-3 month binky that he loves anywhere. Amazon has everything... and only one seller had the right binks. I ordered 2 packages and in the fine wording it said "colors may vary". There was blue, green, yellow and pink. I took my chances on colors and here's what came in the mail.....
It's takes a real boy to rock a pink Binky like this!
Owen's newest "funny" of the week is this little comealittlecloser finger move. How can you not move in for a great big smooch!!?
We'll see if the new Binky's meet up to Owen's standards tonight!
20 comments:
I think he's adorable even with a pink binky! My son has three older sisters, so he rocked the pink bink many times himself. :)
I know it brings comfort, but it should be thrown out too. ALL GONE! The sooner the better, it's sooooo bad for tooth development and he needs to find another way to comfort himself at his age. I know it's tough, but it has to go sometime before he is laughed out of town.
Anonymous...
We strugged with the decision. I want him to have it for his cath in October .. anything to help him get through that torture for a 2 yr old.
We're not worried about people judging him for it.. he only uses it at night and who's going to laugh at a 2 yr old for having a binky when he's going in for surgery?
http://hubpages.com/hub/pacifiersgoodbadugly
Who cares what color it is? He is such a great little guy to go through all that he has to. So be it if it is pink!
PS I am surprised that you are getting judged over this issue (by Anonymous). You are the Mom and know exactly what he has to go through. I am sure any Mom in your situation has weighed out the pros & cons. And done what you feel is best. I am sure you do this on many issues, but ignore the comment and move on.
Honestly, the bink is the least of his worries. This sweet, little guy has been through heck and it's so much better than the thumb. Teeth can always be fixed. If this keeps him calm and soothes him, why take it away.
Anonymous-Teeth can always be fixed. This dude has been through heck and if this is what he needs-then whom are we to judge?
~Elyse
Knowing how STRESSFUL those procedures are on a child I would not part ways with it either. He's been through enough. You made the right decision!
Also, I highly doubt anyone is going to laugh a 2 year old out of town for using a binky.
I say its not hurting him and it brings him security, let him have it till his 20! He could not be cuter pink or not pink! Don't listen to anyone else, he still needs it for comfort.
I can get you some!! I saw some at toys r us. I think a binki is fine for his situation!! What does the speach theropists say?
Love his sweet smile!!
Chantelle
A pacifier would never touch my child's mouth. For many health reasons along with the germ infestation hiding in the crevices..
Have a party and send it off on a helium balloon !!!
I can't take Isaac's away either!
Those sweet therapists that we have...they keep urging me...but, it is his only comfort. Can't the poor boy have something that makes him happy? Do we really care if they'll need braces longer...and Isaac doesn't even talk,so..I don't think it impedes that...
I don't care if Isaac takes his paci to kindergarten...
whatever makes him happy.
You let Owen enjoy his pink paci!
My older boys wear pink shirts all the time that says, "chicks dig pink"....
I just love our stinkin' boys!
No wonder he's got bad teeth that protrude so far out. You really need to toss the binky habit and find other ways for him to find comfort. For the sake of healthy teeth!
Who are the idiots with these stupid post! Its not hurting him, he needs his comfort and when he is ready to give it up he will. I have never seen an adult with a binki so don't stress over it too much. He is such a lovable cute boy and he has other things to worry about other than using a binki as a comfort, dont listen to anyone else, he is your child and you know whats best :)
Oh man, I logged on here to make a comment about the pink (which zach loves) and saw some very rude people.
Give that sweet boy his binky if you want. He certainly deserves a little comfort.
And...I think he rocks the pink binky.
Maybe other people should worry less about Owen's mouth and language skills and worry more about their own. Sorry, being prego in the summer makes me a wee bit grumpy.
um yeah, we have a bit of a binky addiction in our house...you may have noticed??? I'm the biggest softy ever. I think I could have taken it about 6 months ago, but that window has closed & he doesn't let it out of his sight. One day he'll cut back & only suck at nap time. And in time, he won't suck it at all. Well, that's the plan:)
my daughter is turning four on 7/6...and we are just now taking it away...and I dont even want to. so 2&1/2 should not be a big deal. everyone should have a sense of comfort.
anonymous...WHATS THE PROBLEM?!?!? what study shows it makes kids bad?!?!?
laughed out of town??? r u serious? u gotta be pretty mean as adult to laugh at a kid with a binkie...and kids dont care at this age.
and my daughters dentist said thats an urban myth. binkies dont mess teeth up at all. they are all designed to PREVENT hurting the teeth-thats why they are called orthodic pacifiers...
I just also saw another anonymous comment about his teeth. I mean honestly, what kind of CRUEL person says that about Owens teeth. wow. I want to swear right now. he is adorable. hey anonymous, can I see your advanced degree in orthodontic medicine? no I cant because you didnt even leave your name. COWARD.
NO STUDIES EXIST ABOUT BINKIES CAUSE TOOTH PROBLEMS. NONE!
Laughed out of town? His teeth protrude? Germs in the crevase? What kind of person would even THINK these things let alone SAY them. I am happy we live surrounded by people who look at Owen and their first thoughts go directly to praying for this courageous child to live and get a healthy heart and not judge whether they like his teeth or his bink. Owen's mommy and the many physicians and nurses are the ones qualified to make this decision. Take this age-old
issue and discuss or argue it out at an appropriate "forum" like MacMama's Blog Frog.
my 22 month old hlhs daughter never took a bink but i tell you what..i would've paid 10,000 bucks for her to have taken a bink during her caths, heart surgeries, and the millions of times she has been poked and prodded. she just screams the entire time and i'm the only one who can comfort her. i cant even count how many times a nurse, lab or ultrasound tech asked me 'does she take a pacifier b/c this will be a whole lot easier if she does'.
let him have his bink for as long as he needs it. maybe if some of these a**holes did a little research on hlhs, they would know that crying leads to desatting and desatting is our enemy. and please dont let these idiots get to you. talking mess about a 2yr old and doing it OVER THE INTERNET..it doesnt get any lamer than that
Post a Comment