We had a great weekend and once again... it's over. On Saturday, we dropped off the kids with Larissa (Carson's sister) and went to our first adult movie in over a year. Inception was very cool, although I was left wondering if it was all a dream. Anyway. Our kids didn't miss us one teensy bit and were actually sad when it was time to go home.
Sunday was spent running errands, putting groceries away and cleaning out the fridge and pantry. Boring, but productive.
This brings us to today. I walked downstairs at 7:30am and my house looked like a tornado came through. I'm not joking, it was a disaster. Every single room was a disaster. How does that happen over the weekend?? My guess is that it built up over the week since I was out of commission trying to regain function in my left knee.
If there is one thing that will make me crazy, it's a messy home. Kamryn and I got started and after four hours, the house is sparkly clean! From the toilets, to the baseboards, the house is done. The laundry is almost all washed and put away. It smells nice. I am happy and everyone seems so calm.
We'll just see how long it stays like this.
Kamryn goes back to school on Wednesday and she already has planned out what she's going to wear and what she wants for lunch. I remember those days. My favorite part was visiting with my friends that I hadn't seen all summer, getting to know everyone in my class and trying to figure out how much my new teacher would let me get away with. I was a wild one. The opposite of my firstborn. She is calm, intellectual, always obeys and steals the hearts of her teachers each year. She is going to LOVE fifth grade.
But she's mine for two more days so I am off to spend some time with her before she's gone for 7 hours each day.
2 comments:
Sounds a lot like our weekend. Scott and I had our first date in I don't know how long and the boys were just as happy as could be when we returned! Actually, Wyatt asked if we could leave again so he could keep playing with the sitter (this was also the first time ever we left them with a sitter but she's a close family friend so we felt good about her).
Now, if your knee is feeling better, would you mind flying half way across the country to my house and cleaning my baseboards, too? :)
Enjoy your girl!!! I know she'll have another awesome year of school!!!
Yay for Owen! So glad he is walking, that will make things a whole lot easier for you! Your kids are getting big, and look great! Sorry about your knee, I hope it is feeling better :o)
Post a Comment