It was only then that I assessed the damages. My knee looked like a giant marshmallow, but hard. I couldn't bend it, nor straighten it. Sweet. Now I had a car full of groceries and a 30 lb toddler that doesn't walk. I called Carson and he said "did you file a report at the store??" Do people do that? What kind of report? I called the store and told the manager that there was no way I was unpacking the kids and coming back in right then. It's been 24 hours and I'm off to do that. I'm not going to sue the store, but they have to have reports on file of all injuries.
Here's the beauty of a swollen knee today. Notice the scars from my ACL repair in high school. I re-tore it a few months later but it never bothered me. I have a feeling that it's going to come into play now. Bummer.
Thankfully, I just so happen to know an amazing orthopedic surgeon whom I nannyed for. I called him and he's on vacation at the beach. He told me to get in with one of his partners (tomorrow at 8am) for an MRI and Xray. He'll be back on Tuesday and we'll go from there. Meanwhile, I am to stay off it and ice it. Ha. :) Easier said than done. I have no idea how I am going to do this.I can hobble off and on but it hurts like a son-of-a-gun. Owen is especially needy because he just "knows" I am off my A-Game. Kamryn has been wonderful as always and she runs up and down the stairs for me. I have to crawl.. it's sexy.
My mom had her knee replaced last year and just so happened to have this cool ice machine that has continuous cold rushing through it. So at least I'm not messing around with ice cubes and frozen packs. Carson is going to work this week because what am I going to do if I need surgery??? Yikes. I just won't think about it now. 
16 comments:
Oh my goodness...how awful! I would be mad and frustrated with the store. Darn that puddle of water! It doesn't sound like there's a quick recovery coming your way but I hope it goes smoothly.
Oh girl! That is just what you {didn't} need. Hoping for a speedy recovery!!!
Please file the report. My mom's friend slipped at a dept. store and her elbow was shattered. Sorry to hear about your accident. Keeping cool thoughts going toward you. In Los Angeles it has been very mild weather, but I know about the heat.
Thanks for blogging, I read it every day.
Mary
Oh my goodness ... not fun! I sure wish we lived closer - I would offer to take the kiddos for the day! I'm sorry this happened =(
Oh that just plain sucks. I am so sorry to hear about it. If possible, I would have the store at least pay any portion of co-pays or deductible that you have. They need to be held responsible for the carelessness. (That doesn't mean you need to sue them for every penny, like I am sure half the world would do at these times.)
holy cow! I just slipped at the grocery store the other day too - but i just ended up doing the splits.
im so sorry my friend.
praying that you get some rest and that surgery is not necessary.
xo,
victoria
I did that last week at the splash park. I broke both bones in my wrist..I am having a plate put in it tomorrow.
Praying for a speedy recovery for you.
A quiet word from the lurking world...mom's can't get sick or hurt...disguise by staying in bed as much as possible. I've done it with 5 kids. Long few months, but some of our best memories, and teenagers now who are willing to come lie in bed and talk...alllllll niiiiight looooong. Hope for the best, plan for the worst. HOW? Same as the rest of it - it just gets done.
Well, you immediately caught my attention with your title. So sad!! I hate falling in public. I once fell up at the U of U and tore a ligament in my ankle. Hurt like hell, and not one person stopped to ask if I was okay! So embarrassing and frustrating!
oh jeeze, ridiculous! i'm sure glad you filed that report but wish you would've done it right away INCASE something comes of your knee and you need surgery, and now there's 'technically' no proof of a puddle being in the aisle. but at least you did a report afterall. and yes, people DO file reports when accidents happen at stores lol... i happened to just do it 2 months ago when i fell in a puddle at pick n save and immediately my back hurt. nothing came of it but i'm glad i did the report incase it had! *Megan from WI*
Oh that's awful! I hope the store manager is compassionate with you about it. (and maybe at least offers free groceries for a year? I think that may make me feel better a little! ;) )
Dang it! Andrea... this stinks! This calls for large bowls of icecream and your favorite drink. I am so sorry!
K- I have to say that I love everyone's comments. Hilarious! Also, I LOVE your blog. Your sense of humor and personality cracks me up. And I have totally fallen in love with Owen. Kamryn reminds me a lot of myself growing up. Anyway.. I read your blog daily. It's like my own personal newspaper. I especially love your midnight postings. I'm usually up late working and I get so excited when one pops up.
Take Care and hang in there. Praying for a speedy recovery for you..
Michelle (Madison's mom)
Oh you poor thing! Definitely file a report, say I...and I hope you are feeling better soon.
Cxx
Oh no!! I hope you heal quickly! Will pray for you and family!
So sorry to hear this!! Not what you needed! I hope it's not too serious, and you're back to yourself soon!
seriously....
twins separated at birth.
Why oh WHY does drama need to find us ALL the time?
I sure hope you don't need surgery...
i'm waiting impatiently for an updated blog post...(you're better than watching the Young and the Restless...and that says alot in my world!!)
You're so brave...if I fell in the store..i'd jus t lay on the floor and cry and wait for Joe to get there and pick me up. My poor nerves just couldn't take anymore.
I hope the kids are being easy on you today.
maybe you can get a prize from the store for falling...like free toilet paper for life or something good like that (thinking positive thoughts:)
ok...just silly thoughts.
Hope I made you smile.
kathy
Post a Comment