Monday, August 2, 2010

Happenings

I have been such a blogging slacker lately. I guess summer does that to me. This year our summer has not only been hot, but throw in a ton of moisture and it's just sticky outside. We avoid leaving the house. I was born with a little more energy than the average person... call it ADD... but I go crazy if I don't have something to do every minute of my day. Thanks to the sticky summer, my house is getting organized and decorated!

Kamryn's room is DONE. All her "too small" clothes are passed down to cousins, her junk (she calls them treasures, I call some of it junk) is put away or pitched, and you can now find the books on her bookshelves. Just in time for back to school next week! She was less than thrilled to do the work, but loves the end result.

We tackled the den this weekend and Kamryn helped me build a desk for her and Owen. I got their computer all hooked up and they love having their own area in the den. Owen thinks it belongs to him and loves playing games and watching videos. I still need to build a bookshelf in there and hang the pictures. I'll take pictures when I'm done.

Next on my list is the Master Bedroom but it's hard to make it feel romantic when we have Owen's bed in our room. I'm on the lookout for the perfect bedding set and some lamps to pull it all together the best I can for now.

On Saturday night, my dad took Gigi and Kamryn to the dollar theatres to see Marmaduke. My parents have been taking the girls to the movies since Kamryn was about 4. They don't miss a kids movie and Grandpa always brings Kam home sugared up on popcorn and Slurpees. I love that she is making so many memories with her Grandparents and Gi-Monster (Aka: Gigi).

On Sunday, we celebrated my Dad's 56th Birthday. We made him grill the burger and dogs and he forgot to take the paper off the cheese. Good times. Kamryn and Gigi kept Owen and Livvy occupied while the adults visited. It was all fun until Livvy got her hands on Owen's oxygen stickies and then he pushed her over. They both proceeded to cry for 30 minutes. We all couldn't help but laugh at the commotion.

Kamryn wouldn't smile for a picture so I told her I would post one of her being silly.... she didn't believe me. :)
Owen was a bit grumpy and the only thing that made him happy was sitting in his own chair with a plate of beans. He ate most of those! This boy loves his beans.
Happy Birthday Pops!! I hope you had a good day, although I'm sure it was much calmer once we got the crazy kiddos out of there!

Now that the weekend is over, we are back to another busy week. Owen woke up feeling super crummy, poor guy. He sat up crying and said "bobo's mooom" (Kami's Room). She ran in and took him into her room. We thought that would be the end of the crabby boy, but it continued until 11 when he finally fell asleep. I hope he'll wake up feeling like a champ!

Tomorrow is a pampering kind of day. We're going for back-to-school pedicures tomorrow and then we're going to get our hair down. Owen included!

2 comments:

Evie's Story said...

Arent you industrious? Can you come to my house?:-)

Claire said...

Back to school pedis?

I *love* that idea. I may snaffle it!

Cxx