Sunday, August 29, 2010

Party Weekend

We have had a busy weekend full of parties and I have no pictures to show for it. Bummer. On Saturday, we celebrated Todd's (Carson's Dad's) Birthday. There was grilling, the kids swam and we had a good time visiting with family.

Saturday night I got a call from our bank letting me know that someone had my debit card and they were enjoying themselves to a shopping spree in Georgia. I told the fraud department that I was looking at my card so there is no way they have it. I'm sure they duplicated it somehow. Rotten crooks. The criminals picked the wrong person to steal from because there wasn't more than $100 left in that account until payday. This is the only time I will ever be excited to be broke! :)

This morning we woke up and headed out to the Hope Kids Luau! It was SO much fun!! We were one of the first families there and settled into a cozy table next to the huge splash pool. We took Owen's long oxygen tubing and he scooted around and around the pool for several hours. We visited with other heart families and chowed down on burgers and dogs.

I realized my true age when Kamryn and I rode down the water slides over and over again..

I am sore tonight. It has to be from the slides beating me around, tossing me into the pool of water at the bottom and climbing the stairs to the top of the slide numerous times. I really need to start working out. That shouldn't kick my butt.

Around 12:30, we were beat. We packed up and headed home for bath time and a long afternoon nap. Thanks Hope Kids for another amazing event!!!

2 comments:

Em said...

Why is it that we could handle the fun stuff as a kid, and not have to pay for it. But now, a lot of fun things from growing up make you pay miserably?!?! But that sounds like a lot of fun!

Shannon said...

Your true age was shown by you going down the water slides over and over, NOT by the way you felt the next day! :) I'm sure someone roughed you up in your sleep, right? Ha! Water slides are so much fun no matter how old you are!

I'm glad you guys are having a great time!

Shannon
(Mom to Derrick, Single Ventricle)