Thursday, August 5, 2010

Owen is 2 and a half

Guess who is officially 2 and a half years old? I guess I just gave away the answer in the post title... on the 28th of July, this little guy hit another big birthday milestone and so now I have an excuse to write down all the silly stuff he's been up to lately. Owen... you are so amazing!! Each day spent with you in a blessing and we LOVE every little thing you do! At 2.5 you are weighing in at a mighty 30lbs!! You don't eat much, but you love all things food. Your favorites are beans, veges, corn-on-the-cob, chicken legs, all sauces, noodles, bacon and you prefer to drink milk. You will try anything we give you and you never spit it out. You are still storing food in your left cheek and it's not only amazing how much food you can stuff in there, but how long you can keep it there. When you are done chewing all the flavor out, you ask me to "scoop peas". I then get the honor of sticking my finger in your cheek and scooping out goops of chewed up food. It's a good thing I love you so much. Our next goal is to get you to swallow that food. But you'll figure it out soon enough.

Mommy continues to blend you up lots of yummy foods and inject them into your tube every 30 minutes. You like to protest by saying "no juice" and covering up your tube. You think it's hilarious and sometimes I even bribe you to let me feed you. You are still young enough to fall for little bribes like... if you let momma feed you, I'll give you a kiss!

You have been talking up a storm the last few months. You imitate everything we say and you love to come up with new words on your own. The other night in the car daddy said "Oh, geez!" when he was a little irritated with Momma and then you said ... "oh geez!" from the backseat in your little voice. It made the car erupt with laughter.

You love to go to "bobo's moom" and play with her DSi. You also love to sit on the little computer bench and watch her play her games and only slam your little hands down on the keyboard to annoy her. You always remember to say "peas" and "tank do" and "I juv u". You give kisses when someone is sad and you are SUCH a cuddler!!

You love to listen to music... not kid music... but Black Eyed Peas, Usher, Taylor Swift, Ludacris (don't ask), Beyonce, Sugarland. You have your favorites and asks to listen to them over and over again. When you're in the groove you bounce around and make some kind of hip hoppity face that cracks us up. Here you are in mid hip hop move.... You aren't walking yet, but you have improved so much over the last few months. You cruise around on the furniture, climb up and down off the tables, crawl up and down the stairs, walk with "no hands" from the table to the couch and you'll even sometimes walk while holding momma's hands. Everything is on YOUR terms and you have a bit of a stubborn side. I don't know where you get it from, but certainly not from me. ahem. We're all pretty convinced you're going to start walking soon. You have had a few weeks of feeling great and we are so excited to see you up and playing! You have enjoyed having sissy home for the summer and I know you will miss her when she goes back to school. Each day you play with playdoh, color, play with your choo choo trains, throw balls around the house, build blocks, push your trucks around the house, play sissy's dsi, watch a few cartoons, eat a few snacks, go swimming, take off your diaper multiple times a day (this is new), and you take a long afternoon nap. You are a busy little guy!!

I forgot to mention that you don't like to wear clothes. I'm pretty sure you are in your diaper anytime we are home. You love all things hats, socks, and shoes!! It's not unusual to see you scooting around the family room with knee socks, tennis shoes and a diaper on. You are quirky and silly and we like you just the way you are! We love you little buddy!! Here you are doing a silly karate pose so Kamryn would take a "moomie" (movie) of you! :)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I love seeing his mepilex!! Owen and Skye are totally twins now!

Aimee Hardy said...

What a riot. Happy 2.5 Owen. We wish we lived closer to each other so you could come over to play sometime. You and Jack would be quite the pair.

Amy, queen of the world. said...

He's so cute!

I think I've commented once or twice... I'm mostly just a lurker. :) But my former English teacher's son and daughter-in-law are pregnant with a little girl who has been diagnosed with HLHS. They will be doing their surgeries in Dallas. I sent them a link to your blog, so if folks from Oklahoma/Texas start following you and asking you questions, just know that the lurker sent them here. :) hehe

TrishAnderson said...

Love it. I have enjoyed watching him grow up over the last year. He has certainly come a long way.

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy to hear/read that Mr. Owen is doing great! I too have only commented a couple of times and each time I 'check in' your blog always makes me smile even if your having a bad day you seem to put a quirky spin on things! Your such a possitive person and this definatly has rubbed off on your 2 great kiddos! My nephew just also 2.5 and has learned to strip off his diaper. After becoming very frustrated one day, my sis in law grabbed the duct tape. The look on his face trying to get the tape off was hilarious...and the diaper stayed on! Duct tape fixes everything...even 'falling off' diapers ;)
Stay well and many blessings to everyone from Canada! <3