Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Knee Appt and Countdown to School

There is only ONE week left of summer vacation. It makes me sad to even write that. I know most moms are counting down the days to send their kiddos back, but I am going to miss Kamryn like crazy. We have had a great summer full of lazy days, movies, playing games, baking, laughing, swimming and spending time together. We have seven more days of fun and I'm not going to let the fact that I can't walk hold us back.

Speaking of knee... I had an appointment with an Ortho doc today and we did some xrays. The good news is that nothing is broken and his advice was "wait and see" what happens. He didn't want to order an MRI unless it gets worse over time, instead of better. His suggestion was rest, ice and to elevate the knee as much as possible. I have a followup on Tuesday with my real ortho doc when he gets back from the beach. I am praying it just magically heals itself with rest and that I'll be back in fighting shape by Tuesday.

I am off to reschedule our pedicures and hair appointments. I'm pretty sure I deserve some TLC and so does Kamryn for being such an amazing nurse to her momma! Carson ended up taking today off work to run me to my appointment and to be my man slave. HA. Joking. I am still doing most everything on my own.

No comments: