Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Time to start preparing for the baby

As I was sitting at work yesterday I felt my first contraction. NO way could I be having contractions, the baby isn't due until next week. Then another one came... and then another... I decided to leave work a tid bit early to come home and kick my feet up. The contractions never got frequent or stronger, but they were there. And then I realized... I am completely unprepared for my baby.

#1. Our son has NO name!!! (Any suggestions??)
#2. The hospital bag isn't even packed, and I haven't even registered at the hospial yet... speaking of which, I should probably get a map to the hospital as I have no idea where it's even located.
#3. I need to find all my insurance cards, DL, and anything else they require to admit me into the hospital.
#4. The camera isn't even charged, nor do we have any discs for our video camera.
#5. I wonder if I'm supposed to pack things for my baby boy? Usually people pack things to bring them home in, but he's not coming home, so do I just not take anything? Hmmmm...
#6. Ok... on top of this, I haven't purchased the car seat, nursery furniture, diapers, or anything. AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH....

Thank goodness those contractions weren't real labor or else I'd be a wreck. I should probably get started on preparing myself for what's to come. And yes, I'm still working full time.. up at 5am and in bed by 8pm... my life hasn't slowed down a bit. I've said I"ll work up until the day I deliver and I think I'm actually going to make it. Until Friday... (my day off)... I will be unprepared and hope that this little guy stays put.

1 comment:

Smiley Family said...

Oh girl, you had better get busy! I felt unprepared before I had Trent, so I made a long list of everything that needed to be done. He ended up being a week late - I think he was waiting for me to be prepared! I am going to be looking at your blog every day to get updates, so you better be posting:)