Owen melts my heart everytime I look at him. I only got to spend a few hours with him before he was transported over to Phoenix Children's, so I cried (for hours). The Dr.'s gave me a daypass to go see him on Wednesday and I got to hold him for the first time! It was only for about 10 min, but the feeling was indescribable. Today I was able to hold him a little longer. Little Owen is doing very well at Phoenix Children's and is making friends left and right. He is in the NICU (neonative intensive care unit) and the nurses are wonderful and taking care of him 150%. He is a little irritable from the medicine (proglastin) which keeps his heart working until surgery.... it makes him fevery, uncomfortable, and he doesn't like to be fondled. It breaks my heart to see him uncomfy but Mr. Binky keeps him happy and he sleeps 95% of the time. I cherish every moment I have with him.
We talked with Dr. Pearl, the cardiothorasic surgeon, and Owen is scheduled for surgery on Monday. Dr. Pearl is so happy at Owen's progress so far. They told me to give them a big, strong baby and I did!! So until Monday, I will post any changes and LOTS of pictures.
I am planning on LOTS of rest and taking it easy over the weekend. I will spend every chance I can at the hospital with Owen. As hard as it is to leave him at the hospital, it's nice to know that he is in great care and that I can call or visit anytime. Kamryn has been incredibly understanding through everything. She was sad that she couldn't be at the delivery, and more sad that she can't visit her baby brother at the hospital. She knows that she will get her chance to be with him soon enough.
Kamryn and Owen... Thank you for making me the happiest momma ever!!!
4 comments:
He is so sweet, CONGRATS!!!!!!
I'm so glad he is doing so well...
I called you yesterday. Call me when you get time.
Take it easy and get lots of sleep.
Love Chantelle
Oh Andrea I'm so happy for you and your family! Your little munchkin is in my thoughts. I can't believe they make IV's tiny enough for itty bitty babies. It boogles my mind, especially when you said they put it in his head. what? If you get a chance to take a picture of that I would be interested because I can't even picture it. Kamyrn is already being such a good big sister!
Big hugs girl.
Owen is so beautiful!
Please let us know how the new papa is doing as well. Blessings to your entire family.
much love,
Gwyn
I am so happy for you Andrea! I have been unable to look at your blog this week and I had a lot of updating to do! Owen is such a handsome little guy! I am glad that he made his debut safely - sorry about the C-section. I will be thinking of you and the little guy with his upcoming surgery happening soon and I will be looking forward to the updates. Good luck and get lots of rest.
Post a Comment