Carson went back to work this week and the oral antibiotics seem to be doing their job. We're back into our routine of cooking, cleaning, shopping, swimming and chillin' indoors during the HEAT of the day.
Monday started off with a trip to the pharmacy to pick up Owen's prescriptions. As I pulled up to the window I realized my purse was not in the car where I left it. Kamryn said "sorry Mom, I took it inside so that you didn't leave it in the car." My fault, I should've checked before driving 20 min to the pharmacy, we drove home and back again. No biggie.
Kamryn has the craft bug. She loves to do crafts.. anykind of craft... sewing, cake decorating, painting, drawing, gluing buttons onto canvas, you name it. Needless to say, she doesn't get it from me. I found a couple great ideas online that were crafty, time consuming and simple enough for her to do independently. I wrote down all the supplies needed and headed off to Hobby Lobby with kids in tow. About 2 hours later.. we couldn't find 3/4 of what was on the list... either it was out of stock, or they don't carry it. I couldn't leave the craft store, 2 hours wasted, with no craft!! I told Kamryn she could have anything she wanted, any craft. She picked out these letters, with the wood cutouts and we already have a bazillion acryllic paints at home. She was thrilled and it only took her 5 minutes to come up with the idea. Why didn't I think of that?
We came home, Gigi came over. The girls painted. Owen helped.. yikes. I gave him some paint brushes and water to play with and he was satisfied.Here are their finished products. They did them by themselves. Not bad for a $1.00 craft!
Summer wouldn't be the same without popscicles after lunch. Oh, and the giggles from the jokes off the popscicle sticks... hilarious!
Owen eats his popscicles in his own way! Hey, at least he's eating!! :)
The kids bathed and we all settled in for a little Bachelorette. Ok, I settled in for a little reality show drama. Carson worked on the laptop, Kamryn snuggled into bed with me and asked 50 questions as to why all the guys say "Someone is NOT here for the right reasons." Owen crashed at seven as usual. Gotta love our summer days!Today was just like any other. Up at six, breakfast, cleaning, laundry... then Kamryn's friend Elizabeth came over. Owen thinks that everyone that comes over is there to play with him. Kamryn and her friends run around him while he giggles until he turns blue in the face, literally.
I caught him scooting across the floor on his bum today. He used to butt-scoot in a circle, then it was backwards and now he's mastered the forward scoot. He was eyeing his turtle from across the room. We watched him scoot to it, then instead of picking it up with his hands...
It's so humorous to listen to the girls talk "big girl talk". No boys entered the conversation, they talk openly in front of Mom, and they even pulled out the Barbies. There is hope that my little girl is going to be little for a little longer!
It's so humorous to listen to the girls talk "big girl talk". No boys entered the conversation, they talk openly in front of Mom, and they even pulled out the Barbies. There is hope that my little girl is going to be little for a little longer!
The rest of the week is going to be just as "normal" as these last two days have been. Did I mention I love Summer?? Tomorrow, we'll see cardiology for our 3 week checkup. We've increased Owen's meds by almost double and we still have a ways to go. He's been having great days... sleeping less, playing more, eating a few bites here and there, and I just hope that his heart function is holding steady.

9 comments:
Andrea,
Owen really looks great! I easily forget that Joshua has major health issues when he is thriving, so I can see why you forget too. When Josh was a little baby I wondered if his condition would ever escape my mind because it was so apparent. I am so happy to be past that stage & on to a point where I do forget.
Very cute crafts...creative little girls! I love summer too!!!
He is such a cutie - it is hard to believe he is so sick from looking at his smiley face! I hope everything continues to go well for him. I think of him often!
:) Christine in Atlanta, GA
I am the luckiest gramma (and MOM) around! Do I love this family or what? Gigi cannot wait for Kamryn
to come over: she loves to see the pictures of her days with BoBo!
Owen has lost his baby look now that his hair is longer....... no little "tweak" on top. Now that he's mobile, I'm sure he seems like a big boy. He has such a killer smile. Glad things are settling down for you. (knock on wood)
Owen is so cute... that smile is great. I have to say I love to read your blog. With all you are going though and have to handle on a daily basis, you remain so incredibly POSITIVE. It is very refreshing.
That smile is heart warming, it's hard to believe that someone that "looks" so healthy is sick. Stay positive. You & your family are in my prayers. I love your blog!
Andrea, I read a lot of blogs (include McMama's) but have never left a comment on any of them before. I have prayed for Mr. Owen for quite a while and will continue to do so. Seeing his smile makes me smile. God Bless your family.
Denise in Woodstock, GA
Glad you are back to the lazy days of summer!!!
Oh goodness!! I love the pictures.. She did a great job painting!!! And Owen and his ice cream.. love it love it love it!!!
Post a Comment