Saturday, June 6, 2009

Discharged

Carson was released from the hospital today! After some convincing the doctors that 2 oral antibiotics should be enough, we were outta there. Owen will miss the window in daddy's room. Check out whose using his legs! We're still working on building up those muscles so he can support himself.
When he was tired of the window, Mr. Owen spent time with Daddy in his hospital bed.
I got the call last night that Kelli was ready to push, so I ran downstairs and made it in time to watch the delivery. It's always amazing to watch a baby be born. If it were HIS will for me, I'd have a bunch of my own. Here is me showing Livy to the Kami, Gigi and Owen.
Owen was mesmerized until I took Livy back to Kel. Whoa.. he wasn't so happy anymore. Note to self... Owen is not interested in having a baby brother or sister anytime soon!
Kamryn was dying to hold Livy, so we made our way up to their room first thing this morning. Kami picked her right up and wouldn't give her up. I think Kamryn and Owen have opposing views on the prospect of a baby #3. Owen didn't care if sissy held Liv, but I wasn't allowed to go near her.
We made our way back up to Daddy's room in time to pack up and head out. Owen will miss that window with a view. The rest of us are happy Daddy is on the mend. It's good to all be under one roof again.
No more "Lazy Days of Summer" posts from me. The minute I write about how relaxed and boring our summer is turning out to be ... well, you know the rest.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

it's hard not to spoil a sick tot. He is used to being the center of constant attention :(

Heather said...

What a CrAzY week! I am so sorry your husband was so ill, that is nuts! YaY for a new little life! Livy looks beautiful, what a lucky family :) Glad to see Owen is doing well, hope you are too!

Watts Family said...

Congrats on your new niece and having the hubby home. You get some rest and have a great week!

Many Blessings,

Amanda

Allison said...

Oh boy. You guys have had quite the weekend! Hope that the week calms down and you can all enjoy your sweet new niece while no one else gets sick!

Mari said...

Looks like your next project is building a picture window with a couch in front of it with, hmmmm...maybe a tank of fish on the outside so Owen can continue to strengthen those legs! Glad your hubby is home. I am long time reader. First time commenter. Your family is darling!!!!!!

Casey Hermansen said...

Glad to hear that Carson is home and doing better and that baby Olivia, Livy is here enjoying family as I am sure they are enjoying her. The pic of Owen crying when you showed him LIVY was funny. Oh and I LOVE The name choice, we have a Livy too!

TrishAnderson said...

Glad everyone is safe & sound. Congrats Kelli. She is beautiful. Welcome home Carson. Owen will adjust when the time is right.

Stephanie said...

Goodness...I've been out of the blogging world for a few days. I'm glad to hear that your husband is home and on the mend. Praying for your family!

Congrats on your niece...she's beautiful!

Lisa Marie Trent said...

Owen is so dang cute. I love love love his alligator teeth. Thanks for reading- it is always reassuring to have heart-mom's visit my blog. I hope you have a nice relaxing summer (somehow..) and keep up the photography!!