Friday, June 26, 2009

Kamryn's Idea of Babysitting

Kamryn loves to watch Owen while I get ready in the morning. She keeps a good eye on him and shares every single detail of what he is doing, at that very moment. "Mooooommmmm, Owen made the silliest face and then he said "ooooooohhhhhaaaaahhh", isn't that funny?" Which is followed up with another play-by-play moments later. At least I don't wonder what he's up to.

This morning, I hopped out of the shower to find these two playing keyboard on my bed. Owen was singing, dancing and observing his sister's every move. To which he would attempt to imitate her. This is Mr. Owen dancing to a rockin' version of "The Muffin Man."
As you can see he is feeling a little better. He only puked once today (so far) and he seems to have a bit more energy.
I had to share this picture from last week. Kamryn was watching Owen while I cooked dinner, did the laundry, cleaned toilets.. you get the point. I came in the room to find a very confused Owen and a snickering Kami. Owen loves to butt-scoot from the family room carpet, into the dining room, down the hall and around the kitchen. Our house is mainly tile which is easier to scoot on. My guess is that Kamryn was tired of chasing him around the house so she built a toy trap to keep him in one room. She underestimated the intelligence of Mr. Owen. He quickly figured out all he had to do was move the toys with his feet and he was on the move. I'm sure she'll think of a better contraption next time.
On a totally different subject... I went to WalMart to return a few things and decided to grab something for dinner while we were there. That was until I was searching through the beef and discovered the section of Cow Parts. They have quite the variety of cow tongue, liver, intestines and fat. We came home empty handed, my appetite was lost.

13 comments:

Jessi said...

Your kids are so precious together!

How funny that she built a toy cage LOL!

and EWW! I would lose my appetite too. How gross!

April Bryant said...

People always are saying have your kids close together, but I love the closness of your two and since how mine only child is fixing to turn 2 and the thoughts of another sounds great but financally can't happen. i have no worries about having them a few years apart. thank you for sharing and i am always praying.

april

Jill Dees said...

You kids are so special.
I know what you mean about the animal parts. Some of those should be outlawed as food! In other countries they even eat the brain! Just wrong!

Kathy Lang said...

It's so sweet to see how Kamryn is so good with Owen! Re: the toy trap...Owen is one smart cookie!

Stephanie said...

She is such a good big sister! Own is so blessed!

EWWWWWW I would have left without anything too!

Hope you guys have a great weekend!

S Club Mama said...

I love the keyboard pictures; my son loves to pound on keys, too. And what a cute onesie (or shirt? my memory fades that fast now).

And smart gal to even try the toy blockade!

Mommato4miracles said...

The pics of your two together are just priceless. Ah, the love between siblings. Praying that Owen feels better and that the vomiting is resolved. God bless!

Claire said...

Oh those two are so cute together!

Cxx

Crystal said...

I absolutely LOVE these pictures!!!

And I have been meaning to tell you that your photos look awesome!!!

One Happy Heart Family said...

EWE!!! Cow parts are not very nice to look at. YUCK! Owen and Kamryn are so adorable. I love having a older one and watching them figure out the little one. Kamryn is such a good big sister and sitter. Great idea! Kylie is almost mobile and I am totally not ready for it. We have been living non/babyproof for 6 years now. Gosh you forget they get into everything! How is Owen doing with using his legges? Just wondering he is growing up way too fast. I remember he was tiney tiny when I met you throught this blog world. Oh and glad he only puked once maybe just a fluke thing.

TrishAnderson said...

It is great that those two are so close. And I love the creativity of Kamryn. That is funny.

Smiley Family said...

You are so lucky to have a live-in babysitter. I never know what is going to happen when I get in the shower!

Katy said...

Aawww, so sad to see little Mr. Owen so sad and sicky in your last post. So glad to see that he's feeling a little bit better. What a sweet pair he and Kamryn are! How wonderful to have a helper whose also a loving big sister.

Praying for your little man, and for you.