**UPDATE***
Carson is being admitted to the floor for at least 24 hours while they give him IV antibiotics. They did a catscan of his abdomen and he puked... that's all I got out of him. I'll be heading over to take him dinner and say goodnight soon. Hopefully he'll be home tomorrow night. If not...
Kelli was admitted to labor and delivery and they are inducing her. The baby is being closely monitored and all looks okay. I'm expecting a new niece sometime tomorrow. I'll go from Carson to Kelli tomorrow and hopefully make it to the delivery.
I'm ready to say goodnight to our crazy day and I think I might even let Owen and Kamryn sleep in bed with me tonight! Sorry Honey, we really will miss you.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What a day it's been thus far! Carson has had a serious staph infection on his lower abdomen all week long and the antibiotics aren't working. This morning he went to urgent care as our less-than-adequate should have done something about this on Monday family doctor is out of town. They took one look at the open wound the size of a silver dollar and said "go straight to the hospital". I dropped him off at the ER about an hour ago and they already started him on IV antibiotics, drew blood and cultures and will mostly likely admit him. I was on my way home to bleach and disinfect the house for the hundreth time today (it's extremely contagious) when I got a call from my sister.
What a day it's been thus far! Carson has had a serious staph infection on his lower abdomen all week long and the antibiotics aren't working. This morning he went to urgent care as our
"The baby isn't moving! I'm at the OBGYN across from the hospital. Can you come pick up Gigi?" The timing couldn't be better because she was across from the very hospital that I just dropped off Carson at. I ran up to grab my neice Giselle, whose 6. This is Kelli's 3rd pregnancy. The first was Gigi Monster, and to make a long story short, she is now happily adopted to my parents. Kelli's second pregnancy was to the adorable Mr. Luke, 2 years ago and she selflessly gave him up for adoption. Her life has come together, she's married and this is her 3rd baby, a little girl. She's one of the lucky ones that has her babies weeks early and they are big and healthy. She just called and they are admitting her to the hospital.. the same hospital that my dear hubby is at right now. What a day?!
Please say a prayer for my hubby that his infection hasn't made it's way inside to his organs.. that would be bad! If he needs surgery or a procedure done, please pray that things will go smoothly and we can have him home soon!Please pray for my sister Kelli that her baby girl is okay and that she's just really squished and ready to come out!
Please pray for sweet Lindsay's as she gets the gift a whole heart!
What a day!!
17 comments:
What a day for you! Kelli looks great! I'm glad she's happy! Now you're home with 3 kids and no husband! Fun for you!! Maybe we should pray for you! :)
Wow, what a day indeed! Thanks for posting these prayer requests ... we will be praying!
What a day!!!! Praying for your family and for Lindsay, please keep us updated!!!!
Love-Hugs and Prayers-
Tiff
Wow!!! That is a crazy day lady! I hope everything checks out with your hubby. There should be a rule that if you have a heart baby- husbands are guaranteed their health. We will pray for him and your sis... I can't imagine having two members of your family admitted and it's not even OWEN. Geez!
I am so so so excited for Lindsay!! Soooo excited!
Keep us updated :-)
Thanks for your prayers and support of my wonderful incredible daughter who takes care of all the topsy turvy family crises with the care she gives her very own children...Thank you Andrea for being our heart and our "glue"
Mom
Everybody remember to pray for Little heart friend Lindsay as she gets her new heart tonight.;)
Wow-sounds like a day! I have great respect for women who give up their babies for adoption (whatever their reason is). It is truly a selfless act. Hope that all goes well for your sister and the baby.
Hope the infection is easily treated and doesn't require any major procedures.
With as much time as you guys spend in the hospital with Owen, the rest of your family should be exempt from hospital visits (unless it's Labor and Delivery).
A crazy day indeed! Praying that everyone is okay. And what exciting news about Lindsay especially right before her birthday!!! What an awesome gift!
I'm so sorry! What a stressful time it must be. I'm sending prayers and hope that everyone is okay soon.
Whole crap. I thought that my life was stressful. I am sorry that Carson is sick, what is this abdominal wound from? I am glad that he is in the hospital, IV antibiotics aree better than oral. Kelly looks really happy. I hope that her delivery goes smoothly. I don't know how you do it! Your a SUPER MOM!
Andrea, I don't know how your days could get any more exciting. We'll be praying for all the important people in your life. Hope Carson responds and gets out of the hospital SOON! Give my best to Kelli. Love Ya, Siri
Whew! Sending up prayers for your husband and sister. Hoping everything is okay with all!
How wonderful that adorable little princess is getting a heart! Saying a prayer that all goes well!!
What a day!!!! I hope all goes well and prayers will be heading your way.. Tell Kelli good luck and I hope all goes well..
C.
What a crazy day for sure! I hope you got some rest last night, as today will be busy. Good luck with everything, you are amazing!!!
Okay- I am stressed for you! Please know we are praying for ALL of you. . . I am sitting here with Ethan wishing I could come over and help babysit or disinfect for you. You might need to find something to be admitted for just so you can rest! (but not this week :)
Loves and Prayers-
Heidi
Oh, Andrea - I am praying that things will work out and every thing will come together in a good way. Hopefully Carson will get better very quickly witht he IV antibiotics. Kelli looks great. I miss you both. Please tell her hello for me & congrats on the new baby girl.
We are praying that Carson and your kelly and her soon to be baby are all doing well :)! You have really had a crazy few days. Look forward to another update.
You know you cursed yourself in your last post when you said that naughty "LAZY" word right?
That word is so officially banned from my vocabulary!!
Our prayers are with you guys. Rhett has a horrible staph infection around his stoma where his g-tube is.
We are on oral antibiotics right now, and I haven't seen much if any improvement. Gah!
Keep us updated!
(((HUGS))
Post a Comment