Another weekend has come and gone. Happy Monday! We are on a 4 day countdown to Stanford. Where did the past 7 weeks go?? The "plan" is to stay at LPCH and start Owen on Milrinone therapy. Owen has been doing so great, wonderful really, that I don't know if they will keep him. I am packing to stay and will be pleasantly surprised if they send us home!
Meanwhile, we are busy living life and having fun! This weekend was filled with dance pictures, relaxing at home, and swimming.
On Friday Owen was in desperate need of a haircut. I asked him if he wanted Daddy to cut it or go get it cut. He said.. "I'll go get it cut at Dolce.. I will only go to YOUR salon.. they give you a drink and shampoo your hair. That's the ONLY place I will go." Awesome. So I got to pay a small fortune for Owen to get a shampoo, cut, style and a soda. It turned out to only be $20 total, with tip! So not too shabby and he got a pretty good haircut!!
Carson went to a movie with his siblings on Friday evening, so the kids and I stayed home and rented Les Mis. Owen only watched the first ten minutes, but woke up the next morning asking me to tie his hands together with his Spidey slap bracelet. "I am your prisoner.." Then proceeded to walk around the house singing.. "look down.. look down.. don't look me in the eyes".
Saturday I purchased dance recital tickets and I can't recall what we did the rest of the day. It must not have been too eventful. Sunday was a get it done kind of morning and I snuck out for a quick pedicure. Then we had a little "goodbye" party for Owen at Gma and Gpas house. Also, Uncle Rustyn was in town from San Fran, so we got to spend some time with him.
The Easter Bunny brought Owen this motor boat for the pool and he loved it!! He has independence in the water, and can run over the big kids and squirt them. He was thrilled!! Here he is chasing Connor down.
Girly cousins. There are so many more kiddos missing, but my camera memory cards have gone missing (totally not accusing Owen). I had to borrow a memory card and only got a couple shots. I've said this before, but I love that my kids get to grow up with ALL their cousins. On my side and Carson's, there is a gaggle of cousins and it's always a fun time!
After singing.. "for he's a Jolly old SUPERHERO"... we had some desert and came home in time for bed. It's back to school and there are only 4 weeks of Jr High left!!! EEEK!!! Then I will officially have an 8th grader.
Kam and I stayed up late Saturday night looking through her giant tub of school projects. It was so fun to look back on her Kindergarten journals.. we laughed SO hard!! She wrote some funny stuff and her artwork was stellar! I'm glad she saved all of her projects and report cards over the years.
I'll have a lot of Kam posts coming up in May. She has a ton of stuff going on for the end of school and the end of this dance season. It's about to get CRAZY!! Then again, I may just be chilling in Palo Alto, and Daddy's going to get to do the crazy. I figure things will work out as they are meant to... everything always falls into place and is as it should be.
Monday, April 29, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
Anonymous.. I find it funny that you hide and don't give me your real name. I delete your comments and continue to because I don't like negativity. You are not welcome to leave comments here.
My prayers are with you during this time of decisions and that your heart has peace with whatever may come.
Been following your blog for a long time and probably never commented. I admire your ability to live life in the moment. I pray for Owen often. And will continue as you take this next step.
Owen's motorboat is awesome.
There's no place like home, but the next best place is Stanford.
I am Praying for perfect timing and perfect decisions by all the Doctors.
{{{Hugs}}}
Post a Comment