We had a very successful IVIG this week and we are home. I didn't get a chance to update yesterday because Mr Owen was full of energy, so we were busy playing. Owen was hilarious at the hospital and had us all laughing. Each time I ran to the cafeteria, I came back to a volunteer or child life in his room. Apparently, he waits until I leave, then pushes the nurse button and asks for a volunteer to come play with him.
When the IV team arrived, I had a brave boy on my hands. He likes to control the situation, so she showed her the vein in his wrist that she was allowed to use, he even showed her what angle he wanted the IV at. He helped her tape up the board and was such a rockstar!
By evening, he was drinking pudding from a straw, putting his blood pressure cuff on both legs at the same time, talking to docs, chatting up his nurses, and just being silly. He definetly makes our hospital visits a fun experience! We had a great treatment with zero complications and we are happy to have IVIG #10 done. Now we have two weeks to prepare to go to Stanford.
This weekend is a busy one! Kam has a dance convention and competition at a local resort, so my mom has a room and we have a full weekend planned. While the girls are busy dancing all day, I will be found lounging by the pool and I'm sure we will do our fair share of watching the girls dance. I will post a lot of pics and try to get some videos of the girls dancing.. they are really great!!
Things really couldn't be better right now.



3 comments:
Great to hear it went so well.Enjoy your busy weekend too.
Just found your blog :) I was curious when I saw the title of your post because I just finished blogging about my previous IVIG treatments. What a little trooper your son is ;)
xoxo, Tamara
theworkoutmama.com
Post a Comment