Can you believe it has been a month?! Owen is back for IVIG!! We arrived at 4pm and so far, so good. Owen has had multiple intensivists, cardio NP, and nurses asses him and give him tons of attention. Daddy and Sis even came up to his room and stayed around for a bit. Owen is now settled into some Spongebob (no comment) and he's drinking pudding from a straw. He is talking to everyone that will listen and he is happy as punch.
The IV team is really backed up tonight, so it's 7pm and we are still waiting for an IV. Hoping things get rolling by 10pm so we can get to bed at a decent hour. This mama is tired!
Before we arrived at the hospital, we picked up Sis from school. This week is AIMS testing, and while most kids dread state testing, Kam loves it. She also had to do a biography project and she chose Lucille Ball. We had to run to the library to pick out a book and my kids were in Awe. "All of these books.. for free?? You still have to pay for the card though right?" Oh my.. I am far from a reader, in fact, I can't remember the last book I read. I guess I am failing my kids as they haven't stepped foot in a library since Owen was born. My kids are big readers, so I don't know why I didn't think of them loving the library. I suspect we'll be regular visitors now. :)
These crazy kids played in the hospital room for a good hour before we finally hooked Owen up to his leads. It's going to be another long night. The best news of the day is that Owen has gained a significant amount of weight this past month. Last month, he weighed in at 37.8, today he was 39.5!! That is huge!!! So happy. I'm sure his team at Stanford will be pleased in two weeks. Yes.. two weeks until we head to Stanford. Hoping for a smooth infusion tonight.


2 comments:
Hoping all goes well too. Well done on the weight gain.
I guess you can buy him books now instead of toys when he needs to go to the hospital. Cheering for this strong and brave boy!!!
Post a Comment