We had a busy weekend filled with family and lots of dancing! On Friday afternoon, I had my sister's littles over so she could take Gigi to her dance competition. Liv and Owen played so nice together for most of the afternoon and Bridgit was happy as could be. These two are normally like oil and water, but today, they got along!
As soon as Daddy got home from work, I ran to the hair salon for a hair color touch up.
We had an early morning Saturday to kick start the girl's dance convention. They were both in the Jr group (this is JUST the Jr Group) and spent 8 hours dancing on Saturday. My mom had a hotel room at the resort, so it broke up the day and we had room service delivered for lunch. Owen went back and forth from the hotel room to the convention. The girls tore through the mini bar and Owen had fun playing "office" at the hotel desk. We met my Dad and Carson for dinner and they took Owen home with them so I could get Kam back to the hotel and ready for her competition in the evening. Saturday was crazy busy, but Kam rocked her competition and the girls did what they love... Dance!!
Kam and I made the 45 min drive home to sleep in our own beds and were back at the hotel for more conventions on Sunday.
The girls danced most of the afternoon Sunday and we wrapped up the convention and headed home. It was exhausting, but so worth it!
Sunday evening, we had a family party at my parent's house to celebrate Luke's birthday. Here's my mom, Kel (sis-Luke's bio mom), Jen (Luke's adoptive mom), and Bridgit.
It was organized chaos as the kids settled in to watch Wreck It Ralph in 3D.
My dad cooked ribs and brats on the grill... delish!
The kids jumped on the tramp. Luke, Gigi, Lucy and Liv were CRAZY!! They were full out wrestling and beating each other up, all while laughing so hard they could hardly breathe.
Owen stayed on the outside of the tramp, and just cheered them on!! :) Sometimes I wonder if he really feels bad and wants to get in there and have the same level of energy, or if he is thinking.. "those kids are nuts!!"
Jumping on the tramp gives you tramp hair. Ha!!
My sister wanted a picture of all the kids.. "a nice picture." They had ice cream, cupcakes, frizzy hair, and looked like a hot mess. But I got a picture! Owen was playing soccer and wouldn't stop for a picture and Kam was dancing in the yard somewhere. This was the best I could do. (Luke, Charlie, Gigi, Lucy, Liv).
Oh.. there's Kam.. doing dishes or something responsible. Maybe just staying far away from the chaos outside. It was so fun to spend some quality one on one time with my girl this weekend, sharing our love of dance. I love watching her dance!
I was so glad to finally get to sleep last night. This morning came way too quickly. Owen and I spent the morning pulling weeds in the side yard and sweeping off the porches/patios. We just finished Speech therapy and we may or may not get off the couch to run to Costco. I need a new vacuum and my house needs a little TLC from the weekend of neglect. Happy Monday!!











No comments:
Post a Comment