I made the call and scheduled Owen's surgery date.
February 10th!!! I was first offered February 3rd, but I just couldn't do it. It was three years ago, on that very date, that I wheeled this little boy to the OR. He was only 7 days old and about to undergo his first open heart surgery.

Nothing could have prepared me for what I saw that evening. A baby boy, with his chest left open, on a ventilator. All I heard was how great he looks and how fabulous he was doing. I have faith that if we could get through those tough days, and the surgery that followed, we can do this.

I had a nice chat with Dr Stock today. He always has a way to put my mind at ease but certaintly remains realistic about Owen's situation. We remain hopeful that things will go smoothly and that he will have a quick recovery from this operation. Our ultimate goal is to get him to a 4th surgery late in the summer.
My stomach has been a ball of knots today. I am going to enjoy my kids' Birthday parties coming up and try to relax for our
notsobusy month of January. Less stress. More fun.
7 comments:
Oh Andrea,
This is wonderful scary!
I have followed your blog for a l-o-n-g time via a Paul Cardell link.
I adore watching your family grow up.
Kamryn is so smart, loving, kind, compassionate and the best big sister, ever!
Owen is cute as a button! His smile sets the world aglow through the computer - imagine being in his presence!
I am so glad you have aspirations to be in school but am so happy you do not have that stress on your plate at this time.
I know you and your hubby's will enjoy each moment; we all should, right?
Feb 10 is on our calendar already! We will pray for all involved in Owen's procedure and care and will carry all of you in our hearts.
Oops, didn't mean to be anonymous.
I'll try again!
I'm sorry that little Owen has to go through this again. I'm sorry you have to go through this again too.
I'm glad he's bigger and stronger now, so it should be safer for him I'm glad the Doctors are repairing his little heart for the next step.
I'm glad you are his mom, to give him all the love and care he needs.
I think the hardest part is him not knowing what is upcoming and yet it makes it easier for him.
I will start Praying now to get a head start.
((((hugs))))
Hi Andrea - well done you for biting the bullet and finding out your surgery date. I hate that part - wanting to know so you can start getting organised, but at the same time REALLY not wanting to know so you can keep pretending it's not happening!!
It goes without saying that we'll be keeping you all - especially Owen - in our thoughts and prayers over coming days, weeks and months. I
know you have lots of fellow heart mums near you, but I'm only an email away if you want to let off steam to someone who understands.
Tell Owen that Charlie sends him a big high-five! xxx
Having a date is HARD but at the same time wonderful. We'll miss seeing you at Ethan's Run (I'm assuming there's no way you will make it) but we will be thinking about you while we are there. I'll be thinking about Kyson, Owen, and all of our heart friends as I'm running!
I will be praying for you and your family as always. Owen is such a sweet little guy I love his smile.
I will also be praying for you and your sweet family! You are such an amazing women and I have learned so much from you over the years.
I just found out that Parker is having his Fontan on March 17th. I havent posted anything about it on my blog yet because I havent gotten to that place in my heart yet.
Owen is an amazing little boy and will do great. Yall are such an inspiration to me and my family! Thank you!
Post a Comment