We started out at a pizza joint a couple doors down from the bowling alley. Bowling pizza is pretty gross. Anyway.. after wings, garlic knots, unlimited sodas and pizza.. we were ready for bowling. The kids bowled in one lane and the adults in the next. Let's just say that we won't be participating in any bowling leagues anytime soon. The highest score was barely 100, coming from Carson.
Kamryn and Connor rocked the leader board in their lane, but Connor came out one point ahead.
Owen got in on the action too! They had a little ramp for him to roll his ball down. He scored a 95, coming in second. Maybe we all should use the ramp next time!
In between turns, he was playing on the floor. G.E.R.M.S!!! I had a bottle of hand sanitizer that we all used. From the rented shoes, to the holes in the balls, I don't want to think about all the germs in the alley.
Rylee, Kamryn, Tatum and Elizabeth... I love that they are all going through that awkward stage. I think it's so adorable!
Owen loved all the balls crashing down the pins. He liked standing in this one spot because the air shot out from the vent right there. I'm sure it was awesomely filtered air too. More Germs.
After bowling, we headed to the arcade and the kids each got $4 on their "game card". No more tokens and tickets.. it's all digital.. on a little credit card. I was amazed at how long they played on $4.. I was thinking they'd be done with that within minutes. Owen really wanted ride on the motorcycle, but freaked out when it started moving. Kamryn jumped on to help.
The kids all played air hockey and then redeemed their "credit cards" for some pretty awesome rubber rings and candy.
It was already 9:30pm when we left and we hadn't even eaten cake or sung Happy Birthday. We decided to bring the cake home and call it a night. The cake turned out really cute and was super yummy. Then it went stale the next day, which is a good thing because I probably would have eaten it all. It was that good.
We sang Happy Birthday, for what was probably the 4th time since her actual birthday. She had a great time turning 11!!
On Saturday, we had a day with Nana. We picked up my Grandma and took her to lunch, then headed back to her house for a couple hours. She is starting to get Alzheimer's so there are times that I'm sure she doesn't know 100% who we are. She picked up a picture of Kamryn and said "who's this girl in this picture?" We had to explain it was Kamryn when she was four, and that we probably need to replace it with a more current photo. Ha. We took the kids outside and picked oranges off the six orange trees in her backyard! I love that my kids can have a relationship with their Great Grandma.
On Sunday, I woke up feeling ultra crummy. I didn't want to miss sweet Gabriella's 6th birthday party, so Owen and I gave them the heads up and we headed over to the park. We didn't stay long because I didn't want to get anyone sick, but it was so great to see how great she's doing! Gabriella had her heart transplant this past summer and is doing fantastic with her new heart!
Today is another day with the entire family at home We are relaxing and catching up on laundry. I saw "we", but what I really mean is "I" am doing the laundry. Tomorrow starts a new week and lots of appointments. I can't believe we leave for Stanford in three weeks. I have an Owen update coming up... this little guy is talking up a storm.. and he has LOTS of funny things to say.
4 comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your sweet girl! She's such a precious big sister to Owen. What a lucky guy he is!
Hope you get over this bug quickly. We've had it and its NO FUN!
Just wanted to share that hand sanitizer is a very bad way to go.GOod ol' Soap and water in a spray bottle is much healthier for Owen and does not cause unhealthy antibiotic resistant bacteria that could overwhelm him someday.
We all understand the germ phobia, but sometimes you can do more harm than good.
Happy Birthday to her! Owen is such a handsome little man. Stanford has awesome doctors. My husband sees both adult and pediatric cardiologists at Stanford and I love them all. I do believe that the reason we moved up here 2 years ago was because of his need for these amazing doctors.
Post a Comment