Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Great American Picnic

Today was the 3rd grade Immigration program and Great American Picnic. The program was adorable as her class sang "Coming to America" by Neil Diamond. Owen sang along and loved clapping when each class finished singing.

Since tomorrow is the last day of school.. I had to get a picture of Kami with a couple of her friends. We're hoping for a tear-free day tomorrow. Kami is an emotional one on the last day of school.. she gets very attatched to her teachers and friends. It's very sweet actually.
It was drizzling and about 88 degrees out... beautiful. The Great American Picnic included fried chicken, watermelon, pie and soda pop. I don't know what the immigrants ate, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't that.
Owen didn't love the attention he got at the picnic. As you can see, he was just plain miserable.

It was a great afternoon and it was fun to surprise Kamryn. This morning, when I dropped her off, I told her we probably wouldn't be able to make it because I was worried that Owen might get sick being around all the kids. She said "it's okay mom, I understand". HA... little did she know that I wouldn't have missed it for anything. She beamed with excitement when we arrived. It was fantastic!

6 comments:

Wright Family said...

What a silly little doll Mr. Owen is! I love that picture :)

April Clark said...

Owen is too cute! So is Kamryn. I just had to post because my nine month old (Case) was wearing the same outfit today as was Owen. I am praying for your sweet family!

Grandma~rella said...

BEAUTIFUL!! Still praying without ceasing! (((HUGS)))

Watts Family said...

Kamryn seems like the sweetest little girl! We are out of school today as well...yahoo!! Have a great summer!

Many Blessings,

Amanda

Jenna said...

Oh awesome. I love Kamryn!

TrishAnderson said...

That is so wonderful that you make her feel so special and loved with all that is happening with her brother. You are such a terrifc mom!!!