Sunday, May 17, 2009

Home At Last

We woke up at 4am.

Drove 12 hours... farmland, mountains, the great city of LA, through the windmills of Palm Springs, then we drove through the desert.

Finally, we are home.

Why does driving all day make me so sore? I feel like I'm walking like I just got off a raging bull ride... whatever that feels like.

I made it through the grocery store and stocked up on food for the week. Unpacked. Ate string cheese for dinner. Off to bed.

It's good to be home.

14 comments:

One Happy Heart Family said...

You poor thing. Go and sleep for at least a day to catch up. Just glad you guys are HOME! Enjoy the sun and just R & R!

Crystal said...

Our wish our drive was as pretty as yours!

Tina said...

Welcome Home.....glad you guys made it home safely!

Jess said...

Glad that you guys made it home safe!

Wendy Wells said...

It's good you were able to come home! Hopefully you'll stay home for awhile! Stay home in the HEAT!!

Anonymous said...

We just got back from heart camp and I have been dying to see your update. I am so glad that Owen is home and you get to enjoy some time together and put together the best plan for your sweet little family and man. All our love.

Jenna said...

Glad you're home!

Claire said...

So glad you are all back safe and sound.

Cxx

The Hermyzoo! said...

Glad to hear you made it home safe and sound and are back to the daily routine at home.

Mindi said...

Wow. What an adventure. So glad you're home safely. I'm still going to call you! I have picked up thte phone several times, but feel like I need a time when I can really talk.

You've made some big progress in your decision making and problem solving. Congrats! Celebrate today.

xoxo,
Mindi and McKay

Rachaellh said...

So glad that you are back home. Praying that you guys have a great week!

Stephanie said...

Glad you're home safe!!!!

Allison said...

I know the feeling! Welcome HOME!!

Amber Schmidt said...

I think your butt knows what a raging bull ride feels like without ever having felt one before! LOL Glad to hear you all are home and safe :)