I think I've earned VIP status for all the "stuff" I continue to drop off at Goodwill. Thanks to whomever invented the drive thru, drop-off at Goodwill.
I am
Today, I have a basketfull of clothes and books to drop off at Once Upon a Child so that I can get some cash for my "pricey stuff" and use that money to buy jackets and pants for our upcoming trip. We don't need pants and jackets here, n the desert. Did I mention the weather will be in the triple digits all week long?
As if all this hasn't been the greatest fun of my entire life... I get to have ten cavities filled on Thursday .. yes, I brush my teeth, floss and see the dentist every six months. I blame Sonic happy hour and genetics. I will post some totally HOT pictures of myself with a novicane filled mouth trying to smile... tune in Thursday for that.
Owen just fell asleep so I am going to workout. I'm trying to lose as much weight as possible before we leave. Not only will it open up the wardrobe possibilities in my closet, but it just feels good! I even made protein pancakes for breakfast today...delicious I might add. Here's the recipe for you daredevils.
Protein Pancakes
1 cup Oatmeal
1 cup Cottage Cheese
1 cup Egg Whites
1 tsp vanilla extract
*Blend it in a blender, pour it on a hot griddle and serve it up with some fresh berries... YUM.
11 comments:
If you are interested in loosing weight fast!! I have had two friends and my sister in law who are doing or who have done the HCG diet.. One friend lost 40 pounds in two months and my sister in law lost 35 in two months.. My other friend lost 14 in a week.. Look into it!!
C.
PS. #5 is on the way!! DUE in DEC.
I can't believe all that you have on your plate and you still have time to "summer clean" your already NOT dirty house. :) You really are amazing and an inspiration. Take care of yourself and your sweet family and have a fun trip! We will be watching closely for updates.
Wow.. you guys do sound busy. I hope the adventure (yes, I agree that adventure is the right word. I call it an adventure whenever we do anything) goes smoothly, whatever that might mean in his case. I'm thinking about you lots!
For those of you who know Gramma Vicki...she is getting sick to her stomach with the idea her sunshiny brood leaving for an unknown amout of time. We know we'll all be back together before e know it with our vibrant happy family with an Owen with an inside as good as his outside. Gonna go sob now!!!:)
G-Ma-Vicki
Yum...that sounds so good! I am a little interested to see how this baby turns out as my cravings have been totally different...Wyatt loved pizza and Mexican and Annabelle and I enjoyed at least 2 toaster streudel (cream cheese, of course) every night with a glass of milk! This baby is a health nut...I have eaten hummus for the first time in my life and love it! So, the protein pancakes will be on the list for tomorrow!
Thinking about y'all as you prepare for the next phase of Owen's journey...and praying for the BEST!!!
Love y'all~ Rebecca
hmmm, not sure I'll be trying those pancakes anytime soon, but good luck to you! I hate the weight loss game - wouldn't it be just wonderful if you only had to loose weight and get in shape once in your life and it just stayed that way?! Only in my dreams! And I'm thinking maybe you have a lot of nervous energy about the upcoming trip which is why you are busily cleaning your perfect home? Good luck!
I kept seeing Owen's button on other people's blogs so I thought I would stop by and see your cute blog. He is darling. I have read back a few posts and please know that our family will add him to our prayers. We also belong to IHH - our little Carter was born in March 2008 with an ASD, VSD, PDA and Down Syndrome. We pray that you may get hopeful information at Stanford.
And I am with you - I am trying to get rid of as much stuff in my house as I can. Then maybe it would be easier to keep clean.
Good luck and I hope you don't mind that we stopped by your blog.
Kristi and Carter
Furry ceiling fan huh? I know nothing about that type of thing:)
You are a busy lady & the 10 cavities may be worth Sonic. Well, you'll probably disagree when you're in the dental chair...I can identify with your weakness, that's all I'm saying!
I am doing the same.. trying to lose a little weight before the hospital visit.. I do good all week, but the weekend gets me everytime.
Hope you get to rest a little! I will continue to pray for your sweet family!
I don't have a non dirty house either. It stays very clutter free, but sometimes I wonder about the rest of it.
Aren't Sonic happy hours the best?!? As I read your post and was catching up my husband walked in with an Oreo Blast from Sonic :)
Post a Comment