Proof that Owen loves his Echos and EKG's! He's not sedated, but he always passes out.
Now to our adventurous day at San Fransisco Bay. We started at Fisherman's Wharf to try to miss the afternoon crowds. If you've ever been to the wharf, you'll know that between every restaurant, there is a store to spend your money. The first place we passed by was the "Pearl Store". Kamryn was so excited to pick out her own oyster...
Inside the Oyster is a surprise pearl and you don't know what color or size it will turn out. They did a little Pearl Welcoming Chant "ALOHA" and then opened it up. Here is Kamryn's pearl. It turned out to be big and white... white means "innocence". Perfect. We had it set as a necklace for Kamryn.
This was Owen's reaction to Kamryn showing off her new pearl.
Carson's little brother, Rustyn was in town for business this week. Perfect timing. He moved to Seattle a year ago and we haven't seen much of him since. The kids loved spending time with Uncle Rustyn.
When you walk to the end of Pier 39, you get a fabulous view of the Golden Gate Bridge and Alcatraz Island. This is our attempt at a family picture in front of the bridge. If you look REALLY close, you'll see it in the far distance. Don't you love the pictures where the sun is glaring in your eyes so you squint until it looks like you're sleeping?
Uncle Rustyn and the kids on the same "picture perfect spot", per the sign.
Owen has always loved shoulder rides, but has discovered that pulling your hair out is hilarious, in his opinion.
Owen imitated the sea lions that "bark" on the Pier. Owen would "bark" at them over and over again.
Kamryn enjoyed the sea lions too, just not enough to "bark" at them.
Mommy and Mr. Owen
We heard that the Aquarium of the Bay was pretty cool. We saw some cool Jellyfish, sharks, Octopus, and other ocean life. It was cool, but definetly wouldn't go again. Save your money and go to Monterrey Bay Aquarium instead.
Kamryn playing with the starfish.
We couldn't go to San Fransisco without driving across the Golden Gate Bridge. I took this picture out the window as we were sitting in traffic, waiting to drive across the bridge.Stopped to take this picture.
Then drove across the other way and paid the $6 toll.
We took Rustyn to the Airport on our way back to the hotel.


12 comments:
I have signed your blog only once before. I am so glad that Mr. Owen didn't have to stay. It will make your summer more enjoyable if you can be home. I sure hope Owen continues to maintain where he is until his perfect heart becomes available. It will be there when the time comes, I just know it will! I pray for a safe drive home and a nice, enjoyable, fun filled summer for the Simmons Family! Thanks again for sharing Owen's story. I have become hooked on your blog, I even bought Hannah Montana after hearing it on your blog. My 3rd grader has learned to like it too! My hubby has even learned to like it. Keep us all posted on everything. I love reading about all your fun adventures!!! Mr. Owen and your family will always be in my prayers! Take Care :-)
Jill
Glad to hear you are on your journey home and that you were able to top the trip off with some fun filled adventures. Safe travels :)
Be safe and tell BooBoo it's swim time after school Monday...love you and I know your anxiety will be relieved a bit. Concentrate on a very fun summer...we desert dwellers challenge the heat! Evening swimming for Mr. O. though Love mom
Your blogger "friends" make me cry...their messages are so generous and sweet.
Wow he really is a trooper. Can't beleive he does that for his echo's and EKG! Looks like you guys had a blast checking things out. Hope you get home safe and glad you get to go HOME! Sounds like a great plan for Mr. Owen. Glad you got better news than expected! Go Mr. Owen. Love the pictures!
Sounds like you and your family had fun. It looked like a very nice day there. I have been there when it has been foggy. Anyways I am glad that Owen and you don't have to stay. It is nice to be in the comfort of home.
I am so happy that Owen does not have to stay Andrea and you can come home and enjoy your time. I sure hope that he does not have any ill side effects from increasing his meds and I continue to pray that a miracle heart will become available just for Owen. I think though that this is a blessing as he will only get bigger and stronger over time.
What a fabulous day you had San Fran. IT is one of my favorite places and you all deserved a good, fun family day. I hope you have a safe trip home.
Keisa
Yeah, I am glad the trip turned out to be a positive one and youguys are coming home! We should do lunch, Wed, Thurs, Fri is best for me. Email me and let me know.
I see that you are about to start RN school! Congrats! I am in right now and will be done in a year. I love your blog by the way, I will be praying for Mr. Owen. If there is anything that you need during RN school please let me know, because I know what it is like to be in there! Talk to you soon!
Awesome day and great pictures! Praying for your safe return home tomorrow!!!!
Hi Andrea, I just found your blog tonight through a link, and I just read up on your beautiful Owen! His pictures show such a bright smile!!!
You are definitely in our thoughts!!
Oh my goodness! The Pearl Store is awesome! And the oyster/pearl thing is so cool! I want to do that someday. I love Owen's reaction to Kamryn's pearl - adorable!
I also like your BIL's name - Rustyn. It's something I've never heard before, that's for sure.
I am glad you guys had a fun day!
Love and prayer,
Melanie
I enjoyed this post about SanFran. It looks like you had a great time. I am also glad to hear about your great news (from the previous post). I will continue to read up to see what else I have missed in the last three weeks.
Post a Comment