Friday, March 12, 2010

Lots of Tidbits

Today was early release at school. We picked up Kamryn at noon and went to Paradise Bakery for lunch. Owen stuffed his cheeks with grapes and then made me scoop them out. He's crazy like that.

We went to the mall to pick up my new shoes. I have to give kudos to the four sales boys that used every sales trick in the manual to sell me a different brand of shoe, some inserts and stain guard. It was very impressive. I humored them by trying on all six pair of shoes they brought out to me. They were very sweet boys and I couldn't resist. Then I ended up buying the ones that I went in for. My new pink, Nike Vomero 4s, on sale for $99 with a $10 off coupon. I love a good deal. I do have to say that I was impressed with the sales pitch of "the Nike's will take you about 300 miles and these other shoes will double that." Good to know.

We spent the night with Carson's family celebrating five of the kids' birthdays. Lots of presents, an Easter egg hunt, scooping chocolate out of the pool (thanks to Owen throwing all his eggs into the pool), and lots of food.

I called my doctor's office several times today trying to get the results of my foot xray. "We are currently on the line or away from our desks, your call is VERY important to us, please leave a message and we will return your call in the order that it is received." Apparently, my calls weren't received. I really need to find a new primary doctor. If I can't get word by Monday, I'm going to just make an appointment with a Podiatrist.

Meanwhile.. I am going to break in my new shoes this Sunday at the Renaissance Festival. We've never been, but it can't be too bad to walk around outside in 70 degree weather, enjoying the stage shows and eating a huge turkey drumstick. We'll have lots of pictures to share.

Last, but certainly not least... Owen has been cruising up the stairs all by himself. He's pulling up on everything and I'm pretty sure that he'll be walking in the next few months. We are so proud of him!!! I have plans to get it all on video tomorrow.

I'm off to bed. It's early to rise this Saturday so we can clean out the garage and change the breaks on my 4Runner. Goodnight.

1 comment:

TrishAnderson said...

Sounds like a busy and productive weekend. Enjoy your new shoes. Don't forget to put your feet up and ice like your Doc told you to.