We spent our Sunday at the Renaissance Festival in the middle of the desert. This was what we looked at the entire drive there, isn't it gorgeous?

My dad works for
Berge Ford so he got free admission tickets. We'd never been to the festival before and had no idea what to expect.

We couldn't pass up their juicy turkey legs for lunch. Owen chewed on it for a couple hours.
Kamryn ate a few bites and decided she wasn't hungry anymore... that usually means she doesn't like something.

Gigi ate more than I've seen her eat.. I guess they were pretty good. I hate greasy foods, so I don't know why I even tried it. Blah.

I need to get this little guy his own shades, he wanted to watch the girls, but had to look into the sun to do it.

He was watching them on the pirates catapults. They were harnessed in to these bungee cords that shot them way up in the sky. Here's Gigi holding on for dear life.

And here's
Kamryn gripping the bungee cords TIGHTLY. We tried to get them to do flips in the air, but they were not having it.

It was a beautiful, 70 degrees out and Owen loved being outdoors all day. He is so content and happy to sit in his stroller and watch the excitement all around him.

The girls got their faces painted, for an undisclosed, ridiculous amount of money.

They're only little once, so we spoil them with the little things. They were SO excited and kept looking at themselves any chance they got.

Gigi climbed up a ginormous castle and went down the HUGE tube slide, but
Kamryn passed because she is a
germaphobe. After that, we made our way over to make some candles.

We were going to go to a few shows or catch some more rides, but they charge for everything!!! The admission is only to walk through the gates into Renaissance land, but the rest of it is expensive once you get inside. Nothing is free. We hit the chocolate store on the way out and
Kamryn had to have a chocolate covered, frozen banana. Only, she didn't like the banana part of it. That's my girl!

It was a great day with family. My parents, Gigi, Uncle Roger, Carson, our kids and myself were there. I wish I would have taken more pics, but I was busy having fun. It was nice to spend time outdoors and enjoy our amazing spring weather before it gets too hot. I don't know if we'll ever go to the Renn festival again, been there - done that.
4 comments:
Sorry to bother you, but I came across an answer you gave in 2009 about headers, you mentioned if she had a question about resizing that she could contact you, do you mind helping me? I can't seem to resize my header and make it still look clear. Take a look and let me know what you think (if you don't mind of course!) http://mymommythenanny.blogspot.com/
For some reason your e-mail address didn't work. Here's mine, blaramie28@yahoo.com
I made my header on scrapblog. I used all free stuff so maybe that has something to do with it?
Thank you so much!
Brandy
Looks like fun, but don't you just hate how expensive everything is?! They shouldn't even charge admission fees.
We just got back from the Renaissance Festival and saw everything you described except for the candle making! I don't know how we missed that! We bypassed quite a few things because of the extra admission too (the dungeon museum, the fairy tale building, etc). That's so funny that Kamryn didn't like the banana, because my husband did the same thing. He ate the chocolate shell off and threw the banana away!
It's so much fun to see the same experience through others' eyes! Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment