Thursday, March 4, 2010

My Typical Day

I adore Kelly's Korner blog and she has a little blog party on Fridays called "Show Me Your Life". This week it is "A Typical Day". I have been wanting to do a post about this for a while, so that one day I will look back and think to myself, how in the world did I do that??!

7:00 -- Wake up, always by Owen puking in his crib, the next hour is spent getting Kamryn ready for school, Owen and myself showered, and then usually a family breakfast

8:15 -- The fifteen minute warning that we're going to be late for school, everything is a blur of craziness as I blend Owen's first meal of the day, pack Kamryn's lunch, find shoes and get out the door. This is usually when Owen pukes his first feed of the day, it never fails.

8:45 -- Drop Kamryn off at school just as the bell is ringing.

9:00 -- Draw up Owen's 7 morning meds, give him another 2 ounces of food and try to get him to eat something (anything) orally

10:00-12:00 -- Therapists come 4 days a week, dr's appointments on the other days, errands, more blending foods, and house cleaning. These are my crazy hours!

12:00-2:00 -- NAPTIME!! I usually am feeding Owen throughout his nap. He eats 8 oz over 2 hours, and then we do it again an hour later. I also might jump on the computer and pay bills, make a menu, make phone calls, anything I can't do with Owen.

2:00-3:00 -- Parktime. We usually go run a few quick errands on our way to pick up Kamryn and swing at the park for a while.

3:40 -- School's out and Kamryn makes our day a little brighter than it already was!

4:00-5:00 -- Homework, making more foods, giving Owen more meds, doing dishes and cleaning up before dinner. Kamryn and Owen play HARD... there are SO many giggles in this hour!

6:00 -- DINNERTIME!! Daddy is home and we have a long family dinner with lots of conversations. Kamryn tells us all about her day, and I mean every single detail.

7:00 -- Dishwasher is running, the kids are upstairs getting ready for bed, Daddy is playing computer, and I am counting down the hour until I am done. This is also the time that we crash in our bed (kids included) and we watch tv.

8:00 -- The kids are tucked in and sleeping soundly. Ahhhhh... time to blend more food, draw up Owen's night meds, and catch up on my emails, blogging and facebook world, and hang out with Carson.

10:30 -- Start Owen's nightdrip, check his Oxygen sats, and snuggle up to my hubby as he snores away.

I feel so blessed to be able to stay home with my kids and take care of Owen's medical needs. I love that we have breakfast and dinner as a family. I know most parents don't dig their kids hanging out in their bed, but I cherish the cuddles everynight as the kids hang out in bed with me before bed. This is just a typical day in my life!

10 comments:

The Clinkscales Family said...

Heart parents "normal" is SO NOT "normal"...isn't it? I don't think I could survive without my schedule. I never stuck to a schedule before I had Cain but now it's necessary so I won't forget his meds, feeding, etc. I don't know how you do it all though. Thankfully Cain is down to only 4 meds a day and normal feedings.

JameeMaLee said...

Hi Andrea...
I am Jamee.. I went to High School with you at Bingham. I found your blog on Gracie's blog a year ago and have been following ever since. All I can say is I wish I was half as productive as you!! Your a sweet and caring mama and a great example.

TrishAnderson said...

I am sure it is much more crazy and hectic than it sounds. But it also sounds heavenly amid the chaos.

One Happy Heart Family said...

Thats a super crazy day/ week. Glad your so organized with your time, its a little hard for me! I love how Trish said it "Heavely chaos!!!" love it!! Sorry about he pukes again, Kylie finally go over hers, I think it was just getting used to the 27cal. Thanks for all the advice, I am still trying!!!

Tara said...

Wow... what a day! I think I need to rethink when I have busy and crazy days! What organization you have! What a great mommy!

Loni said...

And to think I sometimes feel like going to work makes for a long day. You are WORKING 24/7 and seems like you're doing awesome at it! Keep it up! Don't forget about yourself every now and then too! :)

Victoria Nelson said...

you are a stud =)
i was able to follow up on your recent blog posts. im just really proud of you. keep it going mama!
and you have to let us know when you're in town next!
love,
victoria

Kacy said...

A busy day filled with so much...but also filled with so much love!

Becca said...

Wow! Sometimes I think our regimin is crazy. Ellie is on six meds right now and we get the occasional pukes. Not every day. Your an amazing mother. Thanks for being such an example for me.

Becca-Ellie's mom

The B Family said...

You ROCK!!! Your beautiful family is so blessed by you!