Anyway... After Owen threw my cell phone to the bottom of the pool, we decided to start calling him the sea monster. Here is his best impression....
He is such a little fish and could live in the water!! He splashed and splashed and screamed and floated and splashed some more.
The girls had a great time! We had Rylee and Tatum for the afternoon so they didn't have to sit through Connor's soccer tournament. Gigi came to swim too, but I wasn't about to get my camera out after Owen figured out that throwing things to the bottom of the pool was a good idea. My cell phone is dead. I will try to revive it tomorrow, but I'm pretty sure it'll find a new home in the bottom of the toybox and I will be buying another phone that won't go to the pool with me.

6 comments:
Hi,
I think how you can try to save the cell phone, is to take the battery out and put it in rice. And then let the rest of the cell phone air dry for a few days, and then put the battery back in and try to use it. I read an article a few weeks ago about this. Good luck!
Wow! Sorry about the cell phone. It's crazy how much I depend on mine. Hopefully you can get all of your contacts and whatever you had on your phone.
Sounds like your kids enjoyed their first of many adventures in the swimming pool this summer!
Saturday was indeed the perfect day for a swim. If I didn't have one with a cast on we would have been in a pool somewhere too!
I heard about the bowl of rice thing too! Maybe try it? It's supposed to absorb the water?!? Try it and tell us if it works!
The rice worked on one of my old phones but you can put the whole thing in there not just the battery. The rice really does absorb the water. Wish I learned that when my first phone went swimming in a lake.
when lia had a cannula, we'd dunk her. the positive pressure from the cannula at .5L was enough to keep the water from going in. i'd still blow on her face to trigger the gasp/hold your breath reflex. it worked ok for us. not sure how it would work with a bigger boy though!
i love how big he's getting. i'm so happy for you.
http://liajoy.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment