Owen is now OFF of everything ( he yanked his oxygen tube out yesterday, he was over the prongs sticking up his nose) and he's just learning to eat again. It's pretty tricky to suck, swallow and breath at the same time. It's so cute to watch him concentrate so hard to try to get it figured out... then he gags... and then he pukes.
If you remember Kamryn at that age, you'll remember the non stop puking after EVERY meal. Not just spit-up, but some serious puking... and she turned out okay and always gained the necessary weight. So, here we go again with Owen... after every feeding he pukes it up. Dr.'s are tweaking his meds and working with different formula combinations to get this figured out and the speech therapists are working with his skills.
Meanwhile, I get to talk to the cardiologists tomorrow about all my discharge instructions... yep, DISCHARGE!! YEAH! He should be coming home soon. I learned how to give all his meds, insert his feeding tube, and use his oximeter (to monitor his heart rate and oxygen levels) at home. I also got a fancy hospital grade baby scale to bring home so I can chart his daily weight gain.... for some odd reason, I find this cool!
On the not so bright side... I overdid it, as always, and now my C-section wound is opening up and it's not so pretty. So, I'm going to drop by for a visit to the obgyn tomorrow and see if they'll just stitch it up for me.
Back at the hospital, Owen is "cooing" his way into the nurses hearts. They all just fuss over him and love him to pieces. Then he pukes on them... and they still adore him.
Sunday, February 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm so glad he is doing so good!!!! I have been waiting for a post, It had been a few days, so I was a bit worried. I hope you can take it easier the next little while so you can heal.
Love Ya!
Chantelle
I am so glad that Owen is doing so well. I am excited that you get to take him home soon. That will be a wonderful day!!
Post a Comment