Saturday, February 23, 2008

Good Communication

Today I was able to talk with Dr. Teodori (that's Dr.Pearl's partner) about Owen's situation. I also got to talk with the PICU Cardiologist on call today. They both agreed with my point of view. NO Gtubes or additional surgeries to correct his eating....yeah! He is doing fantastic and they are completely pleased with his progress... so he's coming home sometime this week.

All the cardiologists, surgeons and other Dr.'s will get together on Monday to discuss his discharge plans. He's coming home with a scale, oximeter, feeding pump, 7 medications, over the counter formula that we have to mix to add extra calories and baby cereal to thicken.

Carson and I also have to be CRP certified (done)...trained in placement of the NG Tube (done)...memorize all medications, doseages, and what they do to help Owen (done)... know how to use all the equipment at home (this I'm sure we can figure out).

This isn't going to be easy...but Owen is worth every second of it!!

No comments: